Fuck Christmas

utakuja?

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Unfortunately this is so true… My cousins used to hate my guts because of the royal treatment I got from cucu. They used to make up some songs to mock me.

:D:D nice read!! Very true

Its important for those who are still children. Only that parents are more enlightened.
For me i dont care about a 2000 year old jewish story.

Sorry NV. That sucks.

Heee!!! I had the chance to be both, when I was the ushago kid I was too little to be sent on errands and I was grandpa’s favourite .when I was the town kid, I didn’t care to behave like a tao kid, I would be dying to play all those fun and crazy games we played when I was part of the ushago folk. So everybody liked me, my grandma did the favouring, but the ones she favoured the most were the nyeri kids because their father was her favourite son

I grew up in shags but I never went through any mean experience close to that. We used to gather enough animal feed (for goats and cows) days before Christmas such that on 25th and 26th no one was assigned any tasks other than slaughtering goats, chicken, feasting and making merry.
Nowadays am not bothered much about the day, too much ado about nothing.

:smiley:

Hahaha i can also relate…but ile kitu mimi hukumbuka sana ni hio ya food…cousins from nairobi walikuwa wanapakuliwa kwa sahani poa rembo sana wakati sisi tunakula kwa ile ya mabati…and most of the times tulikuwa tunakula kama tumejificha.

It got so engrained that even today nikienda nyumbani i prefer using the mabati plate and cup! Juu hio ndio nilizoea

Si tukienda shags there was no special treatment, we loved to help out in farm activities kama kupelaka grandpa kukata napier grass. Actually tulikuwa tunafika ocha kama mum ametuchange nguo cz after three hours of hard playing tulikuwa tunakaa wenyeji.

Cunt relate, We used to just tie our cattle and sheep in the pasture and conduct the next business.

Nostalgic, I find the day actually an illusion, guess that’s why it’s losing it’s former clamour for me

Lol

I guess to avoid the questions of, utaolewa lini? uko na mtu?
probably younger sister amekam na bwana so the elder sis is avoiding embarrassing questions

And that is how our culture and values slowly went on the descendant as families and family bonds broke down… :frowning:
Our family literally fell to pieces when our grandfather passed on - where approx. 300 guys used to congregate happily with no regard as to “class” we now have these little enclaves of who has what/does what/lives where.
You have no idea the work I put into mediation when things go awry and they often do.
I’m now the only bridge between the haves and have nots, the haves and their fellow haves, the perceived “peasants” and their fellow “peasants” such that everyone uses me as a go between and they grudgingly understand that I have my personal commitments which take time too! Well, my elders understand that they’re a big part of if not the genesis of the problem but their children (my cousins) perpetuate it!! and that is what really annoys me.
I’ve a mind to call them all over one holiday and point out their folly to them - anyone that boycotts that meeting will lose my services as envoy to “the other side” not that they’ll care - till they need them.
Can we all make a point of reaching out across these…divisions where possible?
Everyone wins.

Hehehehehehehehe okay I take what I told BronxKE back because I will be answering this question in a few weeks time!

BronxKE, I seriously apologise for pulling your leg last night. Someone has just funguad my eyes as to why some yello-yellos wanakata kuenda shags on the day. I had forgotten that I will be grilled like I am an ICC suspect at the Hague about what is ‘happening’???and WHEEEEEEEEEEN!!! deyaaaam. Visiting around xmas when there will be so many nosy relas and family friends to ‘bump’ into suddenly does not look like a vv good idea.:(:(:(. I might actually need you to call me and pretend there is an emergency and then I disappear for a bit and come back when they are scattering. That is if you are around Nbo/Kiambu…

I grew up in shagz upto when I was 6 or 7 years then we moved to town and back to a different shagz again when I was 12 years. My Christmas experience in shagz was the best in all aspects. Much us our town cousins were far much richer than us, we always dominated coz my parents were somehow the favourite of my grandparents which was a very rare case: the rich were always loved & favoured. I used to look forward to Christmas when all those cousins would come and nights would turn into days. The chores of looking after cattle was for older cousins and uncles. We used to play all day, every day for the whole 3 weeks of Christmas period. It was not easy to see off those cousins after the holidays were over. It was heaven on earth!

Na pesa gani?

hehe you would cry wakirudi town?