Fuel VAT tax 16%

Nobody is addressing the question that I asked. Was Uhuru told by CBK governor to abandon the IMF $1.5 billion loan ama hakuambiwa? The answer will be enough to close this thread.

Wewe usionekane maskini, hehe this social class

there is a reason Kibaki told these imperalists to fuck off. na bado. by the time the IMF is done with us, we will be bruised and sore.

Endesha bike na upatane na gari za Kayole, Githu au Ronga and see venye kutaenda.

Those are just employees who follow orders from above. When the government needs money wanapigia tu hawa watu wa ERC.

only safe road to cycle ni thika road

Its time we realize that all people in government care less of wanjiku.Its time for us to rise against this impunity and unite together tugomee kazi na pia tugomee hiyo mafuta;i know it wont be easy but suppose we went into a boycott of this fuel and be ready to suffer for a week of limited movements and lack of basic commodities that rely on transport,and our message will get home,tuache kuona ukabila bali tuone uraia

this VAT on fuel was to be effected in a series of tax reforms beginning in 2011. Curiously, the tax on fuel was deferred to 2013… when 2013 came, it was deferred again for 2 years, and we were in 2016, with elections looming, it was deferred again for 2 years, with these last one ending in Sept 2018. It’s either the govt continues postponing it or implements it now…

He was told the opposite.Had he not done so the shilling would have crashed to around 130 to the dollar in 2014-2015.

Technically speaking,what he is saying is true.Except he is comparing us to nations where people can afford sh 200 a litre without breaking a sweat.

That’s exactly the point. The purchasing power in Kenya and Germany are worlds apart. Anybody comparing prices of anything between the two is a buffoon

Kenya Motorist Association ni bure kabisa

Gallon ni litres ngapi?

Naona kukosa mshahara inauma.Hivyo ndio raia hu feel mkikosa kuwapa services.Mkuki ni mchungu kwa nguruwe nani

I don’t think this the last time fuel prices will be hiked. I’d expect the prices to peak in 2022. Then come campaign season the tax sexperts will “review” their fuckery. Prices will/may “go down” but the price will still be higher than today’s. (so will food prices unga, sugar etc). And then everyone/almost everyone will be like - “Hii serekali imefanya kazi” - vote them fuckers back again and the cycle will continue.
I remember people being given “gas yetu”, less than an year ago - iko wapi leo??