Gari Yauzwa

Ebu elimisha mimi hapo dagitari. I’ve always thought it’s the other way round.

I’m most familiar with the scenario in Toyota Hiace. The older 3l model has a 3000cc naturally aspirated engine that consumes about 4300-4500/= worth of fuel for one return trip covering about 360km. The newer model with 2700cc KD turbo-charged engine consumes about 1700-1900/= worth of fuel for same distance (or about 3500-3700/= for two return trips covering approx. 660km). There’s the Super Custom model equipped with 3000cc 1KZ-TE turbo-charged engine that consumes about 3700-3900/= for the same 360km. Hapa waonaje?

Methinks exhaust gas recirculation in these turbo engines partly explains these figures though I haven’t had the time to study the differences critically.

PS: The vehicles quoted above are all diesel engines with manual transmission.

2 Likes

Hapa kuna wajuaji sana. Ati wanauliza “niaje hiyo garini ya 2001 na kbf?” “Wengine oooh mileage”. “Ooh watu wa subaru”. Kama huna experience yoyote ya gari mbona kucomment negatively for no reason hapa?
Hiyo gari iko sawa.

And 2004. KBR ni around May '05.

And those mats are beasts with the turbo engine they never second guess when it comes to overtaking and they are very smooth …moja ilitupita tukiwa ndani ya noah and our dere was doing 120 but hatuku iona tena …powerful machines they are…

True. You should try 1KZ sometime.

the thread?..yes…by your spelling…:smiley: