Gates designs.

Kweli sana hata kujenga nyumba kubwa in a sea of peasants is like putting a huge dot on your back

We don’t have the likes of @johntez addi gaza msafi in those countries

Why care about how people see you. You build a house for your own use not for public display.

I sink huko kuna bylaws na local laws that expressly forbid hizo solid perimeter walls, gates etc. The kind of place ata kupanda mti species and specific location lazima ipewe approval. In short, ni against planning directives

Not just people.
Even you, how will you appreciate the beauty of a house hidden behind walls?
For you to appreciate exterior beauty of design, you must be standing at least 50 to 100M away.
Compare it to the way Muslim women conceal their beauty inside their buibuis

Chifumbwakni niaje

I love it when people come up with something like this. I really liked the design of a small gate with a bicycle inside. Great job! My family and I recently moved to a new house and I plan to replace the old gate with an automatic option. I have already found the guys who will take up the installation (everlastgates.com) and I have a great idea for a custom gate. In the first post there is something similar to what I came up with. It will be a wide six-meter gate, but on both sides there will be two trees that repeat the trees behind the fences. I’m sure it will look just wonderful when I bring this project to life. I will definitely share the result when it is ready.

Ebu jaribu kunijibu hili swali.I will.use Runda coz nimetembea huko kuchokoza ma umbwa zimefungiwa kwa hizo gate.

The guys have very high strong solid gates,kuna soja wa G4S,Electric fence all around their stone perimeter walls,CCTV cameras and mark you access their homes you have to go through several barriers.
My question is,why all those security measures.
Ni wezi gani hao determined to break all those barriers.

Exactly. Ushajijibu.

As a thief once you see all that security, you give up. That is exactly the point of it all.

Almost none, unless the thief has been sent specifically to you. The goal to deter has been achieved. It’s all about reducing vulnerability by first discouraging the thief

Those guys in there have all those security features.Sijabahatika kuuljza.mmoja why they need all that but I always think it is the usual copy culture that is so rampant in Kenya

Hio ya spade

Sababu the police and government killed all thieves … that’s what needs to be done in Kenya. Even USA iko hivyo

Yeah, I remember you posting a video here of the shootings

In other words, their are no thieves there because the people, government and police deals with them. Let’s get brains first rest follows.

copycat culture. if omondi can do this why not me?

In Kenya, it sounds like folk take home security to a whole new level with those solid gates, 24-hour guards, and even electric barbed razor wire.
I’ve been contemplating upgrading mine. Vinyl fencing has been on my radar for a while. It’s known for being low-maintenance and durable, which sounds like a winning combination to me.
But hey, it’s fascinating how security needs can differ around the world. Some places require fortresses, while others might opt for a more subtle approach. No matter where you are, the key is feeling secure in your own space.
So, what’s your take on home security? Any unique measures you’ve considered for your place?

Point yake ni kuwa waafrika kitu inaitwa uwizi na kadhalika hatukuwa nayo wazungu ndo walikuja na story za security kama hizi za ma fence lock n key etc that’s why hatukuwa na prisons etc kabla ya wazungu