Gathecha and Raila.

Time will tell

And you know all these while in Murica?

Gatheca means kudunga in kikuyu

Bado hatujafika hapo

Fam, Nakumatt’s collapse was down to the incredible levels of looting by its own employees. Otherwise Tuskys and Naivas should be on their deathbeds as well

KRA know how to tax. Theyre actually one of the best around in getting a pound of flesh
What they don’t know is how to get past the shell companies that their commissioners and Ktalk’s favorite politicos set up to launder money.

Maternal family name

Nitakubali the day every onion, every waru or mboga I buy at the market has sales tax added. When clothes and house hold items in stalls at CBD, Eastleigh and every small town has VAT hapo ndani. Even hawkers should pay tax on whatever they sell and file tax returns. That’s how it is in America, ata sweet iko na 6% VAT. Luxury goods such as alcoholic beverages and cigarettes carry a much higher tax rate (excise tax).
If KRA did that, and we got rid of wasteful spending and corruption, the government would have plenty of money to carry out its mandate without external debts.

Peasant class arent suffering. Otherwise Arap Mashamba angekutwa na mawe akipatiana handouts.

The people who are suffering are the people who are critical to the economy. The job creators, manufacturers and farmers ndio wanaona moto juu ya power costs, duty free importation and now the new housing tax.

When job cuts start, that’s when the middle class itaona moto.

When the peasants cant sell the little produce they have, hapo sasa ndio wataona moto kabisaaaa. Thats why VAT ilikatwa from 16% to 8%

Explain the fancy cars on the road and eateries being jam packed on weekends. By all indicators, there hasn’t been a significant change in lifestyle that I can appreciate. I go to Kenya a lot, 4 times this year. Watu wana pesa my fren.

4 times is a small sample size.

Part of what you saw(eateries) is the middle class. Annoyed but not suffering. Wacha retrenchment ianze then you’ll see kama hizo eateries zitajaa.

Also fancy cars= politicos. Not middle class at all.

Look at the critical drivers of the economy plus the associated reports and ask yourself if they are really growing and not downsizing

WHAAAT!? Kenyans are among the most over-taxed people on earth. It is MISUSE of public money that has landed us here. Plus over-representation (where on earth does one vote in six people at a go?) Is why I voted against the katiba that clueless Kenyans were praising all over. I knew we could not afford it.
Tano Terror were too eager to impress, over borrowing (as youngins tend to do), failed to check corruption (actually, ENHANCED it), and now generations of Kenyans will have to pay for this economic ignorance and impudence.
To quote Obama, “People get the leaders they deserve.”
To quote Johnny Carson (sp) “Choices have consequences.”

But atleast you get to see what the money does.

The problem is not paying tax “per se” but the looting and wastage by anyone who is in charge of any coin
I am a business man, i struggle to sustain my biz, then you hear of inflated tenders and govt spending,

Then unakumbuka hizo tenders zinapeanwa to the only connected and family members, wacha kila mtu ajipange, we cut all useless spending and only deal with necessities…bullshit

Ahem…VAT stands for[SIZE=5] value added tax[/SIZE].
What value is added to waru or mboga in the market?

Sorry, I meant sales tax. The government doesn’t collect nearly as much as it can.

:D:D:D

Hii deni ya 5 trillion nani ako na idea vile tunaweza kuilipa? Kila mtu atoe formula.

you nailed it. Kamwna new things were thick a while ago, and he had to bring RAO on board, its better for Agwambo to be peeing from inside the camp, than him peeing from outside into the camp.
If RAO continued with his street demos, Uhuru by now would not be having any room to turn.

Swali tuu, unajua maana ya VaT wewe?