Gay Themes in movies.

[ATTACH=full]5087[/ATTACH]

9 Likes

Pliz wacha kujoke na Yesu wangu. . :slight_smile:

That’s dark humour and it’s damn funny… Jews woi

1 Like

While I think agree that there is a larger portrayal of homosexuality on the screen, I don’t think the sole idea is to make it appear normal, but also to let you know its there and more prevalent than you would think. Whether its normal or not is another issue altogether. Im sure those of us brought up days of VOK where no programs with a hint of homosexuality were shown, still know of guys who turned out gay, so clearly media cant be culprit here.

1 Like

Chief…do you know the primary role of the media? To inform…right? They had informed us now they are on a ‘in your face mode’…USA will push this issue down our throats and they’ll succeed because the churches of today are more interested in money than morals and therefore they’ll encourage every scum to enter them for the tithe…parents are more concerned in showing off their kids on Facebook that nurturing them…young men and women are busy glorifying thugs as self made businessmen…media is busy glorifying prostitutes as socialites…mwacha mila ni mtumwa. You cannot get it right in the long run by basing your life on the ‘YOLO’ principle…life maybe short but it’s wide…St. Augustus once said we die when our work on this earth is done. Our work is done when good and bad karma has her way with us.

2 Likes

Its slowly being adopted in kenyan movies too …they tried to sell it in “Nairobi Half Life”.
Sex sells but now scandal sells best.

@Mundu Mulosi Add “HangOver 3” to that list.

You must have slept through your history classes because you missed these points.

1. In traditional African societies life of an individual was defined by their role to the community. This mindless individualism and hedonistic (are your familiar with this term? Here’s a clue: it’s what most Ktalk peeps are all about) lifestyle was not there.
  2. The many problems we’re facing today are unknown to Africans because we abandoned what used to work and took what doesn’t work. Homosexuality is one sickness that I can confidently say it has foreign origins.
  3. When Africans copied traditions from other communities it was not the kind that destroys the community. This is because they copied from other African cultures.
1 Like

@uncle nyam leta zingine…:D:D:D

I beg to differ. In this case, the media is being used to normalize a fringe behavior. Such themes have been injected into the media in small bits over the years.The only difference is that gay characters would not appear in the media back then but references would always be made implicitly.

They are normalizing gay unions and they make such characters appealing to a mass audience like Omar in The Wire.

Hata Spartacus had so many gay main characters.

I loathe homosexuals, lakini I liked Omar’s character in The Wire,gangster to the bone but too bad he was a fcuking pansy.

Hio ya spartacus ilikua imezidi…huezi ona bila remote.

Its all well to have an opinion on sexuality, whether you loathe or are indifferent to it. But I’m curious, what guys reactions would be if their kid (son or daughter) came out of the closet?

Anaeza rudi kwa hio closet

Hata the movie J Edgar, by Di Caprio. I was astounded to learn that Edgar Hoover, most famous FBI Director in real life was a batty bwoy.

Yeah… Hoover was tough as nails,I was shocked to learn he was a fruitcake…

1 Like

Children have to be taught that it’s not normal. Watu wananyamaza while their kids watch movies and series depicting homosexuality as normal and accepted.

1 Like

include Game of thrones,