Gears

atleast nime elevuka leo… nilikuwa nime notice those gears kwa un old pajero ya grandpa… thts y nika uliza

@introvert eee when the small gear is engaged kwa 4*4 uta zidi kutumia the taller shifter ama?

Yes. Utaendelea kushift hiyo ndefu kama kawaida.
When the revvs require you to shift you shift.

Kama hujai drive 4 wheeler where you have to get out of the car and squat at the wheel to turn some kathing to lock the front wheels to the kadiff before going back to engage the low gears na saa hio kumenyesha and the mud outside reaches your fly then hujui 4wheel ni nini

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewe!! by the way i need to redesign my fuel system and i’ll need some help with fire.
care to assist?

you owe us a thread. remember?

Help with fire?

Same as the Hilux double cab that preceded the Millenium.

Gas welding.

Okay.
There’s a resident gas man at the garage. He can step up.

The essence of a second small gear stick is to engage or disengage the front propeller from the gearbox side. Period. Its called the transfer gear. In some vehicles they are two small ones with different ratios. Some modern cars have an electric transfer operation for luxury. That simple.

Snapping shaft

Russians have it.
Kwani yao ni titanium?

excellent. let me try draw what i want. i’m nowhere close to being an artist. i’ll post it here.

@Luther12 thanks for clarifying.

aaah yes i do.

Most cars with it cant handle the torque properly. ata hiyo normal 4wd low gears ukihandle vibaya utakula shaft haraka sana. Most cases when the front drive fails and you decide to be using the low option with rear wheels and heavy load the shaft goes out. I think its an economy thing. Like putting a big tough shaft back there makes the maths bad.