George Floyd Forces The Washington Redskins To Change Their Racist Name

This is another shallow argument that people make. Just because I do all those things, does it mean I should be okay with the racism, slavery, and all that other shit? I actually have issues with the current wave of political correctness, especially the feminist and LGBTQ movements that paint heterosexual men as enemies for merely breathing. I also understand that slavery and the worst racism took place during a dark period when information was scarce, so most people could have been acting on the ignorant belief that non-caucasians are actually subhuman. If anyone still holds such beliefs in the 21st century, then they have a major problem.

You can point out and even celebrate differences without involving these negative aspects. Imagine a mzungu (or even African American) in 2020 asking you whether you live in a cave or tree. That’s someone with access to the internet and all manner of media. You wonder whether to be offended or pity them because of their ignorance. So I understand some types of bigotry arise from ignorance, but others are just point blank discrimination. I understand the people who drew those cartoons in the 1950s could have been working with prevalent stereotypes and descriptions of non-whites at the time, but it’s stupid to assume I had no problem with the portrayal simply because I enjoyed the overall entertainment.

On European culture, you’re also wrong. They borrowed A LOT from other parts of the world that were more “civilized” than they were at the time, such as Persia, Arabia, and the orient. They might have added value to a lot of the stuff they borrowed, but they don’t have a monopoly over it. So don’t tell me I should dump everything I borrowed from Europe just coz I don’t agree with the negative things they did/do. That’s stupid. I pick what works for me and shun the rest, just like they did.

[SIZE=1]This is where i stop arguing. Its too unhealthy. You win sir[/SIZE]