Golf GT - Status update

Ha ha ha, if there are bends am screwed. You cant stop so quickly in mine. Yours is another thing all together if an unexpected matatu appears from the brow. I will do a recce first to mark out all the bumps and significant bends, then ill also come along with a co driver to read notes. Be prepared:D:D:D

:smiley: in case of anything. my travel food is normally monster and gum. sometimes grapes:)

YES, they will fix/replace the ABS/ESP package for free because it was part of a “recall”. Car is an import and therefore not under warranty. So don’t mistake this mandatory fix as a warranty issue.

I did the recce, I can offer you notes.

@crazywizard , how many airbags to does it have. A friend has Golf GTI that has over 6 airbags. What is this Golf R? He is also talking of getting Golf R.

The VW golf R32

[ATTACH=full]96371[/ATTACH]

I

I have 12 airbags. The golf cars are arranged in hierachy as such

1. Golf(normal)
  2. Golf GTI(front-wheel-drive turbo charged and quite quick. Most fun and value/for money)
  3. Golf R/R32(The most hardcore Golf. All wheel drive, more power and faster)

Hey guys, for the Nyeri route, I suggest (this)Sunday afternoon. Least traffic on the road because of the coming public holiday on Monday.
Thoughts?

fozzy bado. unless you want to race against a w201…

Driven the car boosts like nonsense when the engine is warmed up. But please don’t map it to 240bph it will mess you up. Have you checked the n249, n75 valves.

What a beauty, seen only two in Kenya mk5 black and a black mk4.

There’s a difference between the Golf R and the Golf R32. R is 2.0ltr turbo around 280 - 300bhp stock, hii ndio Sti ya VW and it is AWD and for sure is better than Subaru’s sti. R32 is 3200cc NA 250bhp. Of course R is better, tuneable for more power, has significantly better power to weight ratio. Before R kuna GTi Clubsport, this is a ltd but enhanced GTi version, less weight more power matching the R but fwd.

how is it “better” than an sti?

Thanks Topcat, I’ve seen online that it can be taken all the way upto 250bhp but then that would make it only a track car and not a tourer, which is where it really excels. So no mods for me, just prescribed manufacturer maintenance. Also being an experiment car, I want to document how long a car can last being only dealer maintained.

Concerning the Golf R/R32 you may have “seen” around, people have been swapping out body kits on GTIs to make them look like the R. I even saw someone swap out the Golf 1.6 FSI grille with a GTI one and badge just for the show of it. With this in mind, the fact that it’s an R/R32 has to be validated by opening the bonnet and looking underneath for the drive train leading out back.

It better to drive. More refined and the power is easily accessible. But on a track, the STI is faster(only with an experienced driver).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4r6D8GMqyU

sweeeeeeeeeeet! that golf is fast!

Bado uko nayo?

yep. but building the fozzy pole pole. almost done.

Mbicha ya before mods…priss