Grammy Awards Nominations 2019

Nipsey ang’owa? Ati Crenshaw? :oops:Those
names and back in the day should not be used in the same sentence.

Hatuwezi ongea tena

Nilikuuliza ni models gani za KZ ni fiti hutaki kujibu

He’s not a top tier rapper, that’s why. The Rap Grammys have mainly been a domain of the marquee artists at the expense of the long suffering underground game. Last year they picked Rapsody and last year but one De La Soul. The Rap Committee has recently been trying to have a more diversified list but the efforts so far feel random to me. So if the criteria was critical acclaim rather than mainstream presence, there were more critically acclaimed efforts than Nipsey, Rapsody and De La Soul in the respective years, that’s the element of randomness I’m on about…

Come to think of it, Scorpion was a Rap (Side A) and R&B Album (Side B)… So it wasn’t a Rap Album in the strictest sense to have enough content for the Rap Album category…

Same fate for Post Malone and The Carters… Jay Z found himself in the Best Urban Contemporary Category lol

hakuna mahali imeandikwa lazima nikujibu

I said no to the Super Bowl: you need me, I don’t need you
Every night we in the end zone, tell the NFL we in stadiums too

Last night was a fuckin’ zoo
Stagedivin’ in a pool of people

Ran through Liverpool like a fuckin’ Beatle
Smoke gorilla glue like it’s fuckin’ legal
[COLOR=rgb(184, 49, 47)]Tell the Grammy’s fuck that 0 for 8 shit
Have you ever seen a crowd goin’ apeshit? (rah) (ayy)

I guess you did not listen to Apeshit and did not watch 2018 Grammys

Hehe, of course I remember those tu-bars, got me wondering if they got blackballed in the main categories this year coz of it!

Lakini roho safi Jay deserved at least a ka-Grammy… He had the highest number of nominations last year but went home with nothing. HUMBLE swept the rap categories lol. Kendrick’s sweep was anything but humble

Sawa nmeuliza basi kwa ungwana, model gani za KZ ziko fiti??

And just like that, Cardi wins Best Rap Album

Goodness, mimi si rika moja na fossils zinasema ziskize madilu* yet naweza hesabu kwa mkono moja watu najua hapo…
Anyhu, nangoja kuona nguo zitavaliwa kwa the award ceremony , baas

Childish Gambino won both SONG AND RECORD of the year but actually snubbed the ceremony. An embarrassment for the academy.!

[ATTACH=full]224409[/ATTACH]

The Grammys have an obvious COLOUR problem!

What will it take for Black artists to win AOTY??

#BoycottTheGrammys

Of course that was expcted

Lakini hii ya Album of the Year inauma tu sanaa…

Black artists have been blatantly robbed for the last 10 years+

2006 - Kanye robbed
2008 - Kanye robbed
2010 - Beyonce robbed
2012 - Kanye robbed
2013 - Frank Ocean robbed
2014 - Kendrick robbed
2015 - Beyonce robbed
2016 - Kendrick robbed
2017 - Beyonce robbed
2018 - Kendrick robbed
2019 - Janelle Monae robbed

The Grammy voting committee are just a bunch of old white people who only understand Rock & Roll and Country music. They are way out of touch with the current pulse. I suspect they know this but they are at pains as to what to do about it. Why not reconstitute the voting committees for crying out loud. So they keep their obnoxious voting patterns and act like it’s ok. Fuck no, this is now too much. If public and critical consensus is that a black album was the best that year, all black artists should not turn up for that year’s Grammys and should continue the boycott until the well deserved recognition is gotten. I support all niggaz who refused to turn up this year!

DJ Kalonje hakumake?

If it is indeed true that in 2005 you were a first year in college, then I have every right to call you SON!

Lol hakuna white old people kwa grammys voting committee that’s a myth. Black people don’t bother registering yet they are qualified to

Some Grammy “Fun” Facts, illustrating the total joke that the Grammys have become:

1. Cardi B now has more Grammys than Tupac, Biggie, Nas, Snoop, DMX and Busta COMBINED!

2. Young Thug has a Grammy for Song of the Year… Yes, he sang the outro for This is America and is credited as a songwriter, so he gets that Grammy.

3. Future wins his very first Grammy for this gibberish;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8GYlXCga80

1. Kanye, Beyonce and Kendrick have been nominated for the Album of the Year a combined total of 10 (TEN) times. Wins? ZERO!!!

XXXTENTACION was and is still the man… He has a diverse sound and can dive into any genre and make a hit
Huyo jamaa apewe heshima zake