Guys did u know 1USD = 4 Ghanaian Cedi?

It is always good to know a bit of history. The curency in use in Ghana (Ghana Cedi) was introduced in 2007 after their currency at the time (NEW Cedi) became useless due to inflation. The new currency (Ghana Cedi) was issued at 1:1 against the dollar but one Ghana Cedi could buy 10,000 New Cedi at the time. Based on this, the Ghana Cedi has lost almost 300% of its value since 2007

7 Likes

The entire forex exchange thing still doesnt quite make sense to me. I dont understand why 100ksh = $1. isnt comparing the two really just comparing apples to oranges? Sure there are similarities, they are both fruit for one. Because i cant imagine the impact if say we decided to stop using the kenya shilling and use only USD. Can someone enlighten me? or point me to a link where this can be explained to be in the simplest terms. I failed economics twice in campus, so i i really cant handle indepth stuff on the subject.

pole, ilipatwa.

I am educated, i dont have a job but i dont drink, should i praise the government now that if i resort to ulevi i am supposed to blame the same govt!!! Lame thinking.

just a mo: these jobless youth who drink because of joblessness drink their pee? last i checked alcohol was one of the most expensive commodities around; more expensive than milk…

4 Likes

The world should adopt one currency

Dont worry my friend. New World Order is on the way.

Hail Hydra.

1 Like

The only money I care about counting is what I have in my bank accounts and my assets worth. Hizo zingine naachia ule jamaa wa Opus Dei and I trust him.

Don’t rush to criticise the president/country, you or your folks couldn’t ve done better, i would say he’s trying but we the people below him are failing him na hakuna kitu anaeza fanya with the current constitution.

Omg… malaya tena:eek:…hii nimeclick report instead of reply…