Guys guys....assist here

I knew something was wrong when the formerly voluptuous chic started losing weight at an alarming rate but by then we had stopped communicating. Such issues never scare me much and I went to a hospital for a test… A reputable hospital NOT VCT centre and the results were negative.

that also depends on…ahem
www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/graphics/Cut_1.jpg

3 Likes

The current

Yes that and several other factors… for example taking ARVs and keeping a healthy a CD4 count reduces your chances of transmitting HIV by about 95%.

Wacheni urongo aids is real and the poor boy has it. Luwere

You should have encouraged her to take a test and seek appropriate medical support. She had the potential to live a healthy life and raise healthy children and probably support the community around her. VCTs have had a huge impact in the control of HIV in this country especially when it comes to addressing issues relating to stigma.

I have a similar story

:(Ama ni wewe ??Mathice was talkin abt…:confused:

Si afadhali ungekamua leopard

1 Like

[ATTACH=full]12199[/ATTACH]

8 Likes

Don’t worry bro kunywa pep and get tested after a few months, ukipatikana huko +ve usijali we all get a death sentence from the moment we are born…we are all ended there anyway…live and let live

Statistics have a way of lulling us into a false sense of security. Hii 1:500 ni nini? You have to realize we are talking of real people here. That is a person, a full person, sio mtu nusu. It’s one person too many. And in that person who gets infected, they don’t get the infection 1% or whatever miniscule proportion. The infection is in them 100%. How sure are you that that 1 in 500 isn’t or won’t be you?

7 Likes

I get what you mean but this can’t be compared to a death sentence…It’s far far from it. You can still live a healthy and purposeful life even after getting infected. In Kenya more people have died from malaria than of HIV/AIDS.

The most critical thing: do you know your partner’s status for a fact? What if (s)he is in the window period?

1 Like

How u people get chickitas to lay i dont know coz i have tried na nikasare…well just like @oldmonk an still a virgin at 24

@Luther12 I agree with your opinion and the need to take precautions. What I do find is that there is a lot of stigma associated with HIV and people are generally misinformed on some critical issues. Were it not of stigma, a huge proportion of people that died due to HIV would have survived. By sharing facts especially statistics we could have eliminated the spread of HIV and empowered people to make decisions and seek care ASAP. We still have stigma amongst ourselves and generally have developed a negative attitude towards HIV positive people… something that we need to work on. Telling the truth is one of those avenues.

I concur. Stigma exists even amongst healthcare workers themselves. Those who are infected often prefer to attend clinics in far off places while others either delay commencement or do not commence treatment at all.

To a large extent, I think stigma is a function of our culture as Africans. We are mostly social beings who know or poke our noses in each other’s business and that’s where the issue of stigma comes in. Modern day urbanization has helped minimize this but in the rural areas the challenge remains.

3 Likes

Mujamaa niaje kutuangusha hivi kama teamafisi, unatandika carpet kwa kitanda

@Ebru kumbe anaitwa kala aunty? You are very clever;);););););)…

So nikiingiza Mara moja ni onetime sexual encounter, nikiingiza na nipump Mara mbili au zaidi ni repeated sindio :-B

Wewe inaonekana ni condom ilipasuka, they didn’t intend to give birth to you in their wild romp.