Hai Internet

The replies here have helped me more than the owner of the thread, probably. Thanks techies.

Not Telkom, Hai they have a map on their website, you type your location in Kenya and it tells you which options are available where you are. For very remote areas it’s only VSAT which is quite expensive

So quick update, I already got connected. Like I mentioned before, I am subscribed to their Wimax 10mbps offering. It is unlimited, they say for a home user you get priority after 6pm, during the day they prioritize business users, who pay more. So far, the speeds are as advertised, but if I have learned anything from being with Telkom, ISPs will pull your leg and give you heaven when your relationship is just starting, but after the first week or two, is when you experience the ‘real’ speeds. So I will just leave images of my experience now, then if anyone is interested or reads this later, remind me to post a follow up after using it for another 2 weeks.

It is currently raining, so this should be a good test

Edit: The map on their website that you use to determine options available in your area is not entirely accurate/updated. Expecially if interested in WIMAX. The website said I was out of range for the Wimax, I am more than 4kms from where the website says the signal reaches, but they still came to setup and I have a perfect signal. So maybe they will update the calculation tool. I was confident it would work because I used to have Zuku’s Wimax back in the day and was convinced if Zuku’s signal worked, then so will this one. Was right, so it’s better to have engineers come and check first (you have to pay of course), they say they refund if an acceptable connection cannot be achieved

[ATTACH=full]297200[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]297201[/ATTACH]

not bad,have been thinking of doing some home internet too

This is

This is really nice. Hai, right? Thanks for the insight.

What about now…what speed are you getting

It’s good. Streaming 1080P no problem. It has been consistent, but your experience might vary by location. Today I was talking to the guy who did the connection and he was surprised that I am getting 12Mbps yet I paid for 10, it seems my ‘region’ is not crowded. Maybe just a few people connected. May it stay that way:D

Honestly, I was expecting to experience something like 5Mbps on the 10 plan

Is this the same as the one for the 4G+ router … or what is the procedure for getting it?

There are two products that are almost thr same. One is LTE for home that goes for 3999 per month and another is the 4G+ you have poste, where you buy router at 11,999 and then pay 2,999 monthly.

Pleaee call 0722 002222 or just call 2222 for clarification. Either way, they are both Unlimited very superior products.

wazi kamjesh The one for LTE that goes for 3999 per month. I was told it is the only amount I will be required to pay then they will come to do the installation. Are there any additional charges. Which one are you using?

Am using that one for 3999. No hidden or Additional costs. Just pay and wait for installation. The best so far if you are in an area without fibre.

Thank you just curious bcoz I was called using 0722000000 by a certain woman said was from Safaricom asked for kra pin and ID Copy to start processing.

Sure. Those are the requirements. Plus the first 3999 and you are good to go.

great sir

:oops: Why do they need this

What speed do you normally get. And what can your internet do Eg. Stream at 720p or 1080p? Seamless online gaming without lag? How many users can it support comfortably?

Standard procedures nowadays.

Boss this is 3Mbps DEDICATED i watch HD 1080 on TV 24/7. My phone on data buffers more than the TV. Actually I dont remember the last time I ever buffered anything.

Is there any of these that can work outside Nairobi, for example if you travel upcountry you can carry portable unlimited internet?

Both can do. They are portable. But LTE will require you to make a relocation request so that it can be mapped to your new placed. The other one is portable 100%. Doesnt have an external antennae.

Thanks for this useful information