Handicap

Alafu ukaamua tu jina unaeza jiita ni @Kigui
[ATTACH=full]179432[/ATTACH]

That would be nice. The British are overly strict in everything they do. 0 handicap means a player averaging about par. In reality, how many players average par. Very few. Decimal percent. In fact pro golfers really are par golfers.

Actually every player has a handicap, regardless of whether its USGA or Congu, some of the tour players like phil and bubba actively maintain them. what happens is that after you turn pro, all pro games are played off scratch regardless of whatever handicap. e.g if you turn pro with a handicap 2 and enter into a game with bubba who has a handicap of +8, you will both play off scratch

however if its just a friendly match between a pro and a none pro, the handicap come into play. what this means is that… assume a player with a handicap 5 playing against bubba handicap +8 (but the way the plus is actually negative, math rules, course par – handicap makes it positive :smiley: ). bubba will give the handicap 5 player 13 strokes if they are playing full handicap or 11 strokes if playing 3/4

hope that clears up the handicap issue. (BTW all handicap records are publicly available, if you were to go to my clubs master score board, you can see my current handicap and my playing history and how my handicap has progressed over time )

very many players play even par. even in Kenya, i just dont know why they all collapse during the challenge tour. :smiley:

The level of competition you play in determines your performance at the highest stage. Competition is Kenyan circuits is not very good. Not only that but the same players compete amongst themselves.
Good players ( handicap 5 and below) can shoot par every once in a while. But I remember a stat showing scratch golfers less than 1%.

yes, i think the exposure is the main problem, they always panic when they get into the course with the international players. secondly the money is not worth it in the kenyan circles so you dont get most of the good guys playing in most of the competitions because its not worth the hustle. why commit resources to travel for a game and earn the same amount you would earn from a 4 way bet :smiley: (i know of a some guys who normally play Thursdays and the winner walks away with some very good cash from the bets within them, probably more than you would make in the build up tournaments to the challenge tour )

Sikumbuki:D

Sasa this is the info i wanted sasa unaweza @123tokambio

:D:D:eek::smiley:

What do you mean by “very many” par players? To consistently hit par you need to be really good. According to USGA website USGA stats, USA has about 0.68% of golfers are scratch players. Sisi tuko mbali sana.