Handling issues that arise related to religion in marriage

What is CoE? Council of elders?

Wewe ni mama. Case closed.

Committee of experts

Hiyo mutu don’t even try to argue with him, ana upungufu wa kimawazo so much so that if he agrees with you you are forced to check what you posted in case isiwe ni stupidity and the madman is agreeing to it

Kuna tofauti kati ya dini na dhehebu . You can’t be JW and the other Kiunas and still go ahead and say you profess different religions.

he he he ,huyo mama atamaliza huyu jamaa,wakati ya siasa alileta bro yake mkamba wakatuma jamaa exile juu walikuwa wanacord na yeye jubilee.jamaa alikuwa techinical appearance kwake

Church of England. Which can be PCEA, Anglican etc in Kenya

As someone else has mentioned here, I don’t see what difference it makes if you are both protestant. Usually this is an issue between Catholics and Protestants or people of different religions.

To answer the question though; the way I have seen it work is the kid belongs to the father’s side culturally and in terms of religion so you have a claim here. I guess ultimately it depends on how serious you are about your faith. If you are a casual christian, it might be worth just letting this one slide. Peace, after all, comes at a cost. If you are adamant about your faith, dig your heels in and take the kid with you until it is old enough to choose for itself.

Going forward, I think it is worth looking into going to the same church as a family when there is an event at your respective churches. So if there is a fundraiser or whatever at your wife’s church you all go there and vice-versa. This is how I was brought up between Catholic and Protestant parents and it worked pretty well.

Thanks for the advice nimeona hakuna haja ikue kama kubishana when things cool down i will have the discussion na yeye.

Alpha husband who suffers from perennial dry spells Hadi u procure 2 shots.

Omwami wewe ni bure, ukioa bibi anafwata mila na desturi zako.

Nope. Not PCEA.

Does not matter I am Catho he is Anglican…so I go by what he says but clearly he is happy with our RC faith and allows me to tag our kids along

Yours is what Catholics/canon law calls a ‘mixed marriage’… be that as it may a Catholic woman is obligated to raise her children as R. Catholic anyway.

Oki. It is not mixed as you saying. He opted to marry me in my faith. I am happy for our kids kwenda huko CoE but he does not go …

It is not up to me… According to the code of canon law for Roman Catholics, a marriage between a Catholic and any other Christian is referred to as a ‘mixed marriage’. It will cease to be so if your husband becomes Roman Catholic or when you… should you become Anglican. Should your husband become anything but Christian, we shall be discussing ‘disparity of cult’.

Thenx we already looked into that. It would mean he goes thru all the catechism classes and all that…so no…pengine atupeleke CoE, I am cool with that but he does does not go and is happy for me to take our jnrs kwenye naenda.

The catechism was invented by Protestants. :smiley: Besides ‘Every man desires to know.’ Aristotle

How about when you are an atheist and she is religious?

This one I think is the hardest of all. I have a few friends in this situation and all of them allow their wives to take their kids to church for some reason. I have never asked why. But these kinds of relationships require an insane level of maturity from both parties because people get very emotional about religion.

Personally I say I’ll raise my kids in the church but challenge them to explore their own views when they are older.