HANDLING STOLEN PROPERTY

Cheap is expensive in the long run. Ama namna gani my frens?

If you restore your phone back to factory settings does it’s imei goto the original one kama ulikuwa umechange?

Just the other day I lost my phone and parted with 1.5k to police and in one week I had my phone…of course minus my precious data.
I know they raked in a good amount from the conned holder but that’s non of my bizna.

Sokono arcard ungwaroo they sell phones freely av just bough more than enough and av never experience any trouble though

Two years ago, one of my workmates once bought a flashy phone whose owner was deceased. Apparently, the phone in question was part of evidence that was needed in a court case. All was well until he received that call from CID asking him surrender himself in.

U are assuming that the average Kenyan has a computer/laptop, is trained on its use, has applications to reset all kinds of phones

kuna lovely dove wa huko alinishow nimpee 4500 aniletee phone ya 10k market value…wah

What happens is, they(CID) get a stolen phone… Then sell it… Itapitia wateja kama tano hivi… Then wana anza msako… You are all arrested… And you part with ksh. 50,000 each…

The phone is confiscated and resold again… And the cycle continues…

I know cops who’ve built houses using these schemes…

whaat? enyewe wacha 2nd hand zikae

To what end? Then it means they are just out to victimize unsuspecting buyers. Hii Kenya ni ngori

Unfortunately the same plot happens with stolen vehicles. My pal had spotted an extremely clean toyota 103 at a yard on kangundo road. The yard is owned by some lady and the vehicle had been parked strategically on the front row. This guy, finally decided to talk to the yard owner. The deal was soo good that he just paid and picked it. Everything was perfect with the car. He drove it all the way from Nairobi to Isiolo only to be stopped by flying squad guys as he entered Isiolo. They said that the car was stolen. Apparently a tape lift showed tampered chassis numbers. In short he parted with around 100k courtesy of a few connections. Luckily he got his cash back but the cops still ate a little from his refund. Sad state of affairs

One answer: greed.

:eek: Ouch! :mad:

Nikikuita mwis nitakuwa nimekosea?