Has the housing bubble burst yet or what does this mean?

That is correct. The secret is on the numbers needed for each size on each stage.

Exactly. Going in stages can help alot. Most people want the completed house in one year including a lawn.

And being open to alternatives. If you can’t afford ceramic tiles are you open to cheaper options, for now?

If you can’t afford land in place X are you open to place Y and so on and so forth?

You know with Kenyan contractors if one is not careful they can make you buy excess materials na zingine labda anapeleka kwa project zake za kando. In essence you might be building two homes without knowing it. Nao mafundi jioni ikifika they dump all the unused koroga in the toilet.

doing an estimate, of course not exact figures - the above house naona is actually 196 square meters total areas, so ni roughly 10m by 10m chini na juu.
for debate/discussion sake you will need what around 50 y10 and 50 y8, that is for the slab.

Tutajenga aje when all we want is fuck whores and drink like sailors?

70k salary is not enough to buy land and build a decent house… Pengine ukue hauna family expenses you buy land in the most undesirable location and build a mabati house.

The day ntaamua kujenga I will only go for a five bedroom luxurious Bungalow with a unique architecture

Looking at the square foot area of that building, hiyo slab inaeza kula around 500-800k.

Boss slab huwa na maneno mingi, si mbao, si chuma, si kokoto, mara rafters etc. It is the most sensitive part of a building construction, na hakuna kulala. Ikianza lazima iishe. @sitaki, tafuta msee akupigie BQ ya slab utashangaa. Vercetti, total cost ya slab, si chuma pekee.

Kenyans are resistant to change. Tengeneza nyumba na Makiga Interlocking bricks, ama zile interlocking panels, utaambiwa hiyo nyumba ni weak na msee wa boda boda who has never bought cement in his whole life.

Nope kwa nyumba kamaa ii haiezi fikisha 1m ikenda sana 600k

The thing in kenya is that, if you are building within the range of a quarry, then stones end up being the most cos effective method - by the way my comments are just from personal experience through observations, I am not in the construction industry, but as I mentioned before in good conditions slab should hover around 2500 to 3000 per m2 - of course every building site has its own challenges and costs can rise, but a good high end roof will cost more than a slab.

That’s usually the case, I know a guy who was contracted to build a 6 storey commercial building, just some 50m away he was erecting his own residential building. Both buildings looked alike in terms of roofing materials and finishing.People still believe they belong to one person

I always hear such stories @Randy kumbe wewe una duplicate ynumba za wenyewe :smiley: - but Is it really possible to ‘pilfer’ that much without being noticed.

All teachers and cops would disagree with you. Kwa online warriors mnakuwanga na chocha hivi? I can bet wewe hauna kakitu despite kukojolea effort za watu.

Hao watu wamejaa kwa hii kijiji. Full of cliche comments but no substance.

Not true… izo ni hekaya za wasee wa base ya mugoka… big contractors make 25 -30% of the total construction cost but io 30 ni ngumu kupata .

interlocking panels

Izi kwangu ni No…

Niko na ingine moto it was supposed to build for certain kenyan billionare sijui what happened unatosha mbogo nikifika home nikuea picha.

Most kenyan wil invest a 1m plus on roof whitch not necessary but ukingia kwa nyumba cheap finishes all over.

Buda nothing is impossible ukijipanga its very possible… building a house is a process.

[ATTACH=full]307746[/ATTACH]
Siko tayari:D