Hating of the new employee. WHY??

Dr

Dry fry one of those okokad women,they will sweet talk you to the rest and be ready to kunja some more who will want to confirm the theory.Don’t try though if you know your kigongi main purpose is to pass urine.Thank me later

A young man was once employed by Stadia Management and sent to work at a certain stadium. he was fast and efficient. his collegues hated him as he exposed their laziness. work scheduled for 2 months was completed in two weeks. the collegues planned for his downfall. while repairing an electrical fault, they switched on the vault while he was working and electrocuted him. Stadia management had to compesate him and has kept him employed as part of his compesation. he is not the same person. he can hardly walk. he just sits all day. be careful

This happens a lot kwa work place and it’s not gonna end anytime soon. I have been a junior and also grown my way up the ladder over time. One thing I have learned, is that ‘older’ employees are not usually receptive to change and are usually used to a certain way of doing things that they often perceive as best. In addition to that, whenever you seem to win the heart of your bosses over a short time they may have made some remarks or praised you to the other employees. This is where all the trouble begins.

Key advise, be clear to heed and adhere to the organization policies. As advised, make most of your communication at work very formal. Avoid things like text messages to these folks outside work hours etc. Don’t and I repeat don’t sleep with any lady with the intent of getting information because as it stands, most people are watchful of your movements and only waiting for a slip to smother you to smithereens. You never know, when a trap is laid your way so better safe than sorry. Be your boss’s friend. Let them know of mistakes you made or decisions you made at work and why, way in advance or asap. This way you will beat them ahead of their game when witch hunting starts.

I have had a fair share of my challenges too. What I do especially when interacting with the employees who tend to be vocal and ‘know it all kind’ is avoid entering with them into debates maybe during meetings or conference calls unnecessarily. Even at my current work place, some meetings seem to be like a dick measuring contest. What to do, lay low and do you thing.

Hio ni kawaida boss…kwanza if you are close to the boss ama are very competed italeta shida.
Reminds me of my own ordeal at some key ministry…a month after i got in they introduced a new dept to handle certain bilateral negotiations …senior staff from 3 ministries had been angling to be seconded there because of better perks paid by EU as well as lots of per diem due to frequent travels…Mimi ndio huyo nikaweka hapo…jumping a very long influential queue…sema frustrations…hata secretaries wanakuonyesha madharau…then ridiculous rumours started flying …including one that I was a son of some (very useless) western kenya politician …wacha nikate you hekaya for now but to cut long story short I opted for an overseas posting barely a yr in.

Very sound advice. Yep. You keep quiet and play your game.

venye @byro amesema dont reciprocate be the bigger man …little acts of kindness confuse enemies, do your work whole heartedly usiweke grudge za upus mtu akidai vita walk away…just ignore the b.s n live your life.your not the first n u surely wont be the last.

Pea wamama mkwaju waache kukuchukia.

Most people have gone through this and I’m not going to repeat what any of these reasonable wahenga have just said (well except for those saying you should go dick & balls blazing at work, those are definitely not in this bracket). My advice is that you push on coz mti wenye matunda ndio hupigwao mawe.

kule kongowea nilienda kuuza avacado kaka vile nilionyeshwa na those wenyeji uko
bullying is real in business
kila space nashika na ambiwa iko na mtu,
ma broker came and offered me 600 ksh all my avacados niende home

mama moja ndio alinisongea alikuwa anauza machungwa, since my avacados mob hazikuwa zime ivaa mabroker told me sitauza any
by 2pm all my stoke nilikuwa nimemaliza
uyo mama abarikiwe sana

wakenya na wivu, acha tu.

it is the way of life everywhere,survival for the fittest even i civil service where the employer for all of you is not in the office with you

Happens everywhere where they hire outsiders.

it happened to me just this past month…called by my boss just to be told I have impregnated one of my colleagues who’s on leave and I used my office to impregnate her, I’m abusing my office and so many other nonsensical things…I boldly told him I’ve never done any of those things…to make matters worse is one of the people in that racket is a lady I connected to join the place…she’s been used and manipulated to do it…I just kept quiet but i felt very uncomfortable …people can be really malicious

I dealt with the same back in my hay day. You have two options, one quit and all that stops or two work your ass till you outrank them and make decisions and influence they be fired. Forget about trying to make them like you or see your perspective, it won’t work.

t

Set the pace from the word go. Be polite but firm. Do not entertain chieth. Use the word NO bila kuogopa.

This sounds like negros

Uncle Rakus mwenyewe

you don’t say!!! No way can one be smothered to smithereens. You smother to dead and smash into smithereens. @gashwin correct me.

Karibu kweli hapo.

Thanks for the correction.

However, hizi grammar ni wewe na @gashwin zinasumbua tu. Most of us is Al about putting the points across.