Hefty Garage bill

Oil filters sh 500 and brake pads sh 3000 but can vary.

Thanks

hehe wipers are driven by an electric motor. were they fixing something that doesnt need fixing?

Atleast youve answered,thanks this i guess i can understand. I think theyre lying about what they fixed and didnt fix.

His are driven by mortar.

Bro, when you give vague scenarios you get very shapeless responses.
:smiley:

Looks like they ripped you off on the wipers and motor.
Be straight what car are you having, what thngs do they say they have fixed,how much are they asking, is it a major or minor service.

It doesnt matter, with the prices fellow villagers are telling me, im starting to see how the amount got to where it is. I think im just upset at the fact that two days ago it was just a spark plug problem, now numerous other major parts have been replaced. I feel that he could have called to inform me that he found these other problems. We couldve agreed if he should fix them then or whether i can bring the car on a later date depending on my pockets, how much it would have all cost etc but he just went ahead and did everything without calling me assuming that id just have the money to pay. I think this is my issue, not the capacity of the mechanic. I also cant help but feel that because im a woman i wasnt informed and they can just vamia me with this after all i dont know much.Its like people list their needs and then they list the people they can get money from to finance their needs,instead of first starting with their money and then deciding to live within those means. I feel ive been used for the former but now what to do i guess i just have to pay.

Next time, be present in person. You can learn alot by just watching what is being done to the vehicle.

In this case, and like Rt. Hon @Makonika said, change your name to @nakamuriwa . Sandi Sana.

How about you find a second mechanic to confirm that the said items have been replaced. And don’t forget to tell them how you like things done.

I still wondering how a spark plugs and brake pads change metamorphed into a wiper motor change!
Badilisha mechanic.

In most cases when I take a car to a mechanic and I explain my issue, I don’t pay for any repairs or replacements that are not in related to the issue that brought me to the mechanic, unless I authorize the repair first.

Juzi I was looking for some spares for a certain project (restoration) and I couldn’t find it in the shops. I was directed to some makanika who deals mostly in old cars. I got to his place and I had to wait for him. He shares the yard with other mechs and I wait for him in drives a girl whose car she said was making some weird noise while turning. I had heard it and I could tell that it was just a mud flap touching the Tyre. But by the time her mechanic was through with the checking you would have thought that she had had the vehicle towed in.
“Brake line imekatika na inaleak auntie?”
“Pia oil inaleak kidogo kwa pump”

My guy arrived and I went with him to look for the part before I could intervene.

Hii ni Probox ya mwaka gani ?

Exactly this is my point. I feel ive been duped.my problem is that weve known each other for years.the trust is gone but i want to talk to him today i see what he’ll say

Nahujui connection ya wiper na mortar?

Never trust anyone in this country. A neighbour of mine once had one his left brake light not working. Akienda kwa fundi anaambiwa ati imeharibika lazima anunue mpya for 5k. Jamaa akasema si lazima. He told his workmate about the problem. Ironically kumbe wire zilikuwa zimeachana.

Let’s start with which make?

:D:D:D:D:D

How much did they charge you and what are the items they replaced? That’s the most important piece of information you need to share first to give context to the situation . Better yet you can post the receipt and villagers will help you analyse it.

Otherwise just coming here and yapping without any quantitative information won’t help. What’s expensive for you might be the fair value for others or even cheaper and vise versa.

aha!!! so wewe ni mwanamke,?you need a muscled man on your side ndio watu wakuheshimu and I am available