Here's Why Solar Systems Fail or Stop Working Properly in Kenya

nilifanya hivi na PB5000
kplc wakicheza kama wao, nacheza kama mimi

Hehehe…you guys take practical advise too far.
A simple 2kw borehole pump needed 1.4M without batteries.
Do the math how that is beneficial. It appears so, but it is not. I did it because there was no grid option for the person I did it for and they desperately needed water.
No. KP doesn’t pay me for anything. Am simply trying to make you see that sometimes mainstream information is usually curated for a certain objective in the end since you are the product to a govt and they need to make money.

It’s ideal to run with DC equipment.
In this equation, I’d advise you to invest in a decent small, backup unit that will run these items you have stated below but exclude the TV unless it’s a DC TV.

DC to AC conversion is inefficient,unless again you invest in an efficient inverter. (Expensive)
I do have a 32 inch DC TV, LED that consumes a max of 11 Watts off my backup, which is pretty efficient. Router and phones also powered through this piece and can do more than 170 hours off grid though TV is not really put to use much.

Good stuff. Am assuming this DC system is some type of battery ama ni generator. Hpw much did it set you back.

No doubt mains power is the SI unit but kama you want to beat blackouts si better invest is a small petrol generator. Naona machinku wako na brands kali kali tao

Shida ya small generator ni kelele na lazima uende kuiwasha umeme ikipotea cause for “small generator” its hard to install an automatic change over switch.

Still believe best option is a good UPS.

Hio power back ita last how long.

It depends on the number and quality of batteries you have installed with the UPS. When there is power the UPS charges the batteries, when power is gone it draws from the batteries to give you power.

There are some with inbuilt batteries but mainly for very small loads.

Th

This one would be an ideal set-up

Peasant Wacha upuss na ununue tokens!!!

Niko na Aico 10 Kw , three phase diesel generator with Ats and it has served me well for 3 years ,budget including installation cost 550 k