Hey guys...shosho is here to help us prepare English Breakfast

As if I had nothing else to do…

Hapana, hapana, nimekataa.
Breakfast should have two fried eggs, runny or well done. Buttered and Toasted bread 4 slices, dried or hot fried tomatoes, a number of beef strips, a single serving of French fries or potatoes. Tea and a cold glass of fruit juice. This other stuff ati healthy, sijui nini, nigutee! Unless you grow them on your own farm, it’s most ridiculous crap.

Oki…but we only have English Breakfast on Sunday. In most households. It is like a treat…unless you are in the construction industry where they eat all they like and use it all up. Other weekdays…ni cereals and fruits.

Now Gentlemen…Shosho brings our other treat. The SUNDAY ROAST.

My normal ingredients are:

Marinated beef or chicken. Depends on what is available or how we feel. To marinate either you need the spices that suit you. So in my case, beef is what goes down. So I get my beef out the day before and once it has defrosted…I put it in my roast pan and pour my home made marinade. Which is normally a cocktail of lemon juice, olive oil, blended red pepper, onions, garlic. I leave it for hrs…then put it in the oven.

Remember sometimes Chelsea is playing and a man anadai haki yakee huku…he does not watch that nonisensi…so I am fleeting between both places. Kitchen and living room.

Then I put the meat in the oven grill for about 1 and a half hrs to start with. I have to keep regulating the muoto while running to cheer Chelsea. It then cooks on v low heat for a long time. Then in the meantime, I have to find the accompaniments which are mainly potatoes, veg and gravy.
With potatoes I chop them up dip them in olive oil and then put them huko chini pia in a different tray. But you can have chips eeks, or boiled potatos or sweetpotatoes or anything else. Then I prepare my carrots/cabbage separately…for all of a few minutes.

Meanwhile the gravy stew is cooking. With all the stock and also mafuta from my beef and we are all good to go. Lakini by then Shosho amechoka kiasi while everyone is enjoying.

Pls try Jamie Oliver’s recipe below while I still learn and know how to cook while explaining on KT else muthuri niekurakara muno. But if this gives you any comfort…I prepared these 2 meals my usual way today.

https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&ei=i5FiXbmGA8P4aJLspKAN&q=jamie+oliver+sunday+roast+beef&oq=Jamie+oliver+sunda+roast+&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i13l7j0i13i30l3.9631.17900..21462...0.0..0.330.2400.17j7j0j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......35i39j0j0i131j0i67j0i20i263j0i10j33i160j0i22i30.yAj5Gx7X6dA

You were to show us mbicha ya mukimo. What happened

v soon nitaleta mbishas of what I am talking about.

But in the meantime…ES @Meria Mata while I am on it kuja uone sisi ngwashe hatukosi…tena the yellow ones inside from the caribbeans…

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/gb/groceries/carnival-/sainsburys-sweet-potatoes-125kg?storeId=10151&langId=44&krypto=bD0cB52kEKQKgirZ6+w7/tZiRWkBbWwrSgzUTu8wQU5lQ0gl34mBosfHJx7J7QDAT1V6YimaxAiDYX7l/A7bBPQahIp6BxLgmRDfQ6kDeKfj8AVJ7zKfYruvSncXb9N3ziIuWvFGw0OcQOi55jyjmlAcKLSubmIazaXjePer36E=&ddkey=https:gb/groceries/carnival-/sainsburys-sweet-potatoes-125kg

Also can ES pls look thru my market shopping center…

https://www.google.com/search?q=east+street+market+photos&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=GD4aCPp5NKvN5M%253A%252CdYMpCpFEUh6e0M%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQ5Jk9Dt1jYP2ihIt2_Q5LTS_OZ9w&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwieuN-fn57kAhVIK1AKHfhtChQQ9QEwAnoECAgQDA#imgrc=_&vet=1

That’s"English£ breakfast, we need pictures of the breakfast that you cook, when you are home Kwa mbari ya Kiongo in Muchatha Sawa?

Oki ina come. Now be nice Dadi.

I am writing my recipes from life experiences so bear with me and go with the flow.

When I am in Muchatha now…protocal is chai cooked in a way that I hate. Sufuria, na maji and milk and tea together coz I have to visit my relatives got to accept. Now I know different but let us go back. The tea is all boiled in one pot, cows are mooing huko nyuma and then voala the tea is ready in hot looking cups.
Contrary to what folk believe here is that my Mum lives in that Muchatha area so back to breakfast convo. So milk and porridge is enough for us.

It was for me…chapos of last night, nduma na ngwashe. But then we were in boarding schools until school hols…there is a lot to be done with nduma…

Also Tarantinoh My mum orders mandazi biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigest when we are home. Only the kids enjoy but more to follow. The said kids could not believe where our family products come from.

huyu si pastor ni motivational speaker. and we will eat bacon!! we will not bow down to your prophets madness!

Leta recipe za kwako…

Nope hapo umenoa. He’s actually a very famous American pastor and yes it’s forbidden in the BIBLE to consume pork. Listen to the sermon, am just the messenger.

even your “prophet” was a “messenger” and he brought the wrong message. he is a motivational speaker and i know why i am saying that. that rule of not eating pork was given to the middle eastern jew at that time but it does not bind Christians thanks to the New Covenant. wacheni vitu ambavyo hamujui.

sisi nakula the following
milk (chego)
chait (chai)
fermented milk (mursik)
bread (mugatiat)
boiled mahindi

Describe how you guys make it or the wives make it sic…

:D:D:D:D

Ngai why are you laughing :D:D:D:D:D:D why Mdaddy?:D:D:D:D

BTW You know mursik? is it milk mixed with blood? I have my reasons for asking.