Higher Education Reforms :University of Nairobi courses to be dropped

na gava iifanya reverse brain drain?
tupeleke watu harverd (sic) warudi na knawledge watengeneze economy.

i doubt kuna watu wanaezafunza some of those courses, unless hawa walimu wenyewe ndio waliofunzwa majuu

Insolvency can make many ‘senseless’ things very sensible, what I wonder is, why are major unis in the red? Looting or over expansion. Also what criteria is being used to declare a course redundant? It is a known fact that many will not go on to careers in their respective areas of study esp undergraduate study and many more will not be employed so I am certain this isn’t the criteria behind chucking courses. I also do not know how much choice people get in what they study especially for public students at undergraduate level. Are we benchmarking with anyone? If Prof Magoha streamlined KNEC I trust him to do great at education reform. It makes no sense when 80% students at School of law from all over the country fail. Something is very wrong with our current education system. We need to return to areas of specialization and reduce expansion which is interfering with quality.

Why were they started in the first place, according to you?

They should actually scrap all courses and start teaching Tenderprenuaring, and The art of Raising Chicken as sources to become instant billionaires.
That country’s a joke just as its leaders. nkt. :mad:

[ATTACH=full]244299[/ATTACH]

Omg this is so sad…mwafrika kweli

Because they are shortcut duplicates of the foundation courses, you cannot teach someone Microprocessor Technology and Instrumentation without teaching him the fundamentals of electronics and electricity and mathematics…which is basically a bsc in electrical and electronic engineering

They should be specialties, but as usual when universities are under-funded and seek to introduce sexy sounding shit for self sponsored students to pay millions…

Terrible

But shouldn’t the classes fall under a degree curriculum? So it streamlines the exact classes students are supposed to take in every semester? Or how do Kenyan Universities function?

Academic dwarf consolation! Bro Rudi shule upate more papers. I am not quitting until I get a PhD!