Holidays wadau

Ungesema that you and your zebu cattle hamjui holiday coz the ngombe must be grazed daily, even on Xmas day.

No. They government (NIS in particular) understands that would exacerbate the situation. Culturally even socially the Pokot never forget nor forgive an attack on it’s people. It will have to be revenged eventually, no matter what or how long it takes. It’s our way, an ideology so deep it’s embedded in our school of thought, it’s become our way of life, part of our identity. NIS knows that and clearly understands the implications of such a strategy. A perpetual, continuous cycle of vilonce,attacks and counter attacks.

We are where we are (in terms of weapons sophistication), precisely because of the government adapting such a policy back in the 70’s/80’s I think. The Toposa up north were attacking the Turkanas and so the government who didn’t want to lose soldiers fighting the Toposa, decided to arm them so they can defend themselves. However, the Turkana not only defended themselves but started attacking and raiding us to the south and the Karamajong to the west in a more frequent and with unprecedented force. All this communities were raiders/rustler’s and intercommunal conflicts was nothing new but now the Turkana suddenly had an upper hand and fucked us good for a hot minute. Tho’ historically they were always perceived as the “aggressors”. So the government again not wanting to lose security personnel and resources; armed us as well to defend ourselves and the Ugandans did the same to the karamajong. In effect creating a huge lawless, technically ungoverned space that stretched three countries and setting the conditions perfect for a wild-west type scenario deep within its borders. Well!we did defend ourselves and some more. We revenged every attack they had made on us in what we considered to be " with unfair n undue advantage".

The method you suggest has been tested n tried. Major Nkassaire (may he rot in hell) presided over the massacre of my people by the military during the Moi regime during a major (mostly undocumented) operation in an effort to scare us to submission. However the intended objective achieved the opposite outcome. A more determined, relentlessly ruthless, tactically superior, exceedingly capable fighters emerged. A people seemingly undisturbed, unshaken and surprisingly unimpressed by state machinery display and excessive use of force.Historically we were known to be, tactical and fierce raiders who value honor, culture, existence and survival of our people more than individual life. We fight hard, losing significant numbers but eventually we maintain our respect and keep our honor among both the “banditry community” and state.

Please note this is an abstract depiction of one aspect of the parameters to the conflict in relation to your questions from a personal point of view(Pokot) at a time, when I feel rather tipsy and should be viewed as a such. However because of the constant interest on the intercommunal conflicts among the pastoral communities/ or bordering communities (tribes). I will over the next coming week’s present a spatial-temporal depiction of the conflict from the context of the Pokot- Turkana conflict which I have extensively studied n understand better. Every conflict has a history. The thread running through this spatial-temporal depiction will manifest violent conflict between the Pokot and the Turkana, in space and time but not limited, and will explore other dynamics n factors influencing the issue. If I get to it all … that is.

Nuke them from Orbit

wahindi pia wa demand for their holiday, but hawawezi vile wanataka omwafrika afanye kazi kwa their business 8 days a week