Hospitals in Western and Nyanza

You are here, new villager in ktalk, to research on building us a hospital offering free medical care? Spare us this BS please.

5 Likes

You guys are simply unbelievable! Why shouldn’t it be true? What else would my motive be?

The reason why it sounded like that is there are regions in Kenya that have never seen a doctor apart from tradition herbalist. A place like pokot,turkana. I guess your question in the first case should be ,"is there a place in Kenya that needs urgent medical assistance? " It’s more of a general fact finding question than "I heard rumors that kisumu is populated " fact find first through Google or call a government official in ministry of health then throw your question to us .

jesus is coming again

Okay, my mistake that I inserted a part of the sentence after writing it; I heard rumours of long waiting hours at hospitals in Kisumu, and I KNOW that it is a populated area. The point of going to Nyanza/Western is that there is a need there. I’m not saying there aren’t needs elsewhere though, but I have to start somewhere.

1 Like

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

1 Like

Hizo mbili ni zipi? Where did the rumors emanate from?

2 Likes

If you are honest and genuine with your intentions, which I really doubt, this is neither the right place nor forum to conduct your research, so wacha kutubeba wana.

You know, I’m thinking the exact same thing. I was looking for a broader opinion but got none. Except for @Abba 's advice about places out of medical reach.

Good now we can talk

I cannot account for whether or not you guys believe me. And admitted - this is the first time I start a hospital. But it is not the first time I do social projects. It’s a huge ethical questions to decide whether to serve populated areas, areas with NO medical care or just generally introduce a model that is free of charge (which today is what’s keeping most people from seeing a doctor)

Panga Line. Huyu akitoka you are next. Pale -------------------------------------->>[ATTACH=full]75636[/ATTACH]

1 Like

Often, free doesn’t work very well. Charge a nominal fee even as you consider long-term sustainability.

1 Like

Who told you the rumors sir

Someone from Western

1 Like

Building hospitals now ye say? Nice comeback!

But it’s exactly these fees that make it difficult for people. I’m not going into detail but I’m hoping to develop a sustainable business model that still gives free health care.

Hehe…a lot of our people don’t ‘value’ free things. You give drugs for free for instance and people wouldn’t be bothered to completer the doses, etc. Of course you can come up with a filtering mechanism to waive the really needy cases.

3 Likes

I know many are also influenced by eg. financial worries that makes them forgetful, or they are simply never explained why they need to take their meds as prescribed.

I don’t like to be quoted for saying this, and I am certainly not sure of it, but I do sense a certain reluctance within the Kenyan population that you guys don’t truly trust each other, nor your system. That system which is suppose to help you when you need it, and provide you with the services necessary. I’m not initiating a debate on politics here, but the sentiment in the population is interesting and of course something I need to take into account.

I’d like to say thank you to all who has contributed constructively to this debate. I acknowledge that I need more experience with these kinds of fora in order to get my message across. Fingers crossed for the construction of this new hospital by the end of 2017.