How can we deorbit earth?

Quran 55:33

[ATTACH=full]250712[/ATTACH]

:D:D:D google form Ni Nini. Wewe hawezi saidika

kitabu fek

@Amused why are you opposing the idea so strongly? It is just an idea. Let the scientists try it. If it fails no problem. In about 4.5 billion years from now the sun will glow and die, thereby evaporating all forms of lives in the solar system. If there is a way we can deorbit the year to extend the lifespan, it’s worth it. To guarantee Earth’s survival, we have to be innovative. We must be ready to try the untried. But again Africans are always afraid of anything that appears out of the normal. Personally, I’m not. I am hereby inviting you to entertain this hypothesis. In the distant future, we scientists will create a solution

In about 4.5 billion years from now the sun will glow and die, thereby evaporating all forms of lives in the solar system. If there is a way we can deorbit the year to extend the lifespan, it’s worth it

We are talking science not myths. Lanes, ghaseer mkuu

A few centimeters can reduce thermal heating

Acha bangi my fren it’s not possible and most importantly not necessary.

enyewe @FireOne Euler uko na ufala mingi hapa talking about 4.5 billion years yet you cannot even say what will happen tomorrow. mafala kama nyinyi are the ones Paul warned Timothy about.

We just hypothesize. We don’t claim to be masters of truth. Does it mean if you don’t it does not exist @1776?

Why are you so sure its not possible? In science we propose an hypothesis after which we collect data to test it’s validity. We also invite peers within the field to comment on results. We will continue researching this and many other fields to check if the hypothesis is practical. Wewe unasema it’s not possible yet u don’t have an counterfactual. I want you to argue with facts or from a logical point of view.

OK you want facts? First of all try to imagine how massive the earth is and how fast it’s moving, kama umewahi endesha lorry you know how hard it is to stop it and how disastrous it can get for those around you if you make a mistake. Have you even done the physics and calculated how much energy is needed for that useless exercise?

Secondly, nobody will sanction it because such energy would likely be more useful elsewhere. By the time humans agree to do such a thing, there’ll probably be more people living outside earth and moving the earth will be bypassed by covering the sun with a Dyson sphere which proves more useful.

You have raised valid points. It is true that b4 we enmbark on such an activity, more people may be living outside Earth. Scientists are not treating deorbiting as the end resort. It is just one of the possibilities among others. Secondly, the energy requirements are enormous. But, as humans move towards advanced technological civilisation, some of the technical aspects will be addressed. Try to imagine the level of technology that will be in place in millions of years to come. If it’s a matter of technical incapability, then I believe a solution is possible.

It’s not favourable because if we move the earth we’ll have to move everything else. All the possible trajectories of other bodies will clash with ours, comets and asteroids may hit us because we have changed the dynamics of the solar system, our gravity will affect the gravity of other bodies? Something tells me hukusoma physics, you are just taking some YouTuber’s post as facts without further scrutiny.

This may be possible but we are millions of years away from achieving it. Our lifespan as humans is just moments. It’s a great idea but there remains so much we don’t know about the universe. From black holes, dark energy, and even how earth really came into existence. We are yet to establish if we live in simulation. What about time, we are yet to understand what it is and whether time travel is even possible. How about the sun’s energy, it is said if we can harness just a small amount of sun’s energy then we can accomplish so much, something that seems millions of years away. The possibility of another civilization existing somewhere else in the universe is a possibility but we are yet to find them. May be we are looking at the wrong place and the wrong way.

But science is always changing. What is true today may not hold tommorow. Hio shallow physics ya high school ndio unajigamba nayo? Are you suggesting the physics of today will govern future systems?Are you intellectually static? To your point, what you are raising are technical issues that I believe will be handled by the technology of the day.

If the future physics is what will govern moving the earth then why bother using modern physics to determine what it would take to make it possible in the future?

Physics doesn’t change, just because you found a way to do smth with future tech doesn’t mean that the laws that govern smth in the past change. You’ll still have to contend with those laws. And moving the earth is also assuming that we’ll need another sun in the future, so you are basically thinking of the future with a mindset that will become obsolete. And if human thinking is anything to go by, we’re certainly aiming to make things easier not harder for everyone.

And If we’ll inhabit planets all over the solar system why move only earth, why not absorb the sun’s energy and distribute it to everyone. Moving earth doesn’t solve anything, it only creates more problems since the sun will always be expanding.

T

I think by 1 billion years the earth will be too hot for living organisms. What if at the time we not have found other planets to inhabit? Shall we just stay here and get dried fried? What would you propose?

Like I told you, a Dyson sphere is better, smth like a giant solar panel on the sun’s side of the earth to absorb the sun’s energy, and with better technology and materials we can even absorb an expanding sun’s heat and direct it elsewhere.