How do i prepare for retirement?

Ideas stop idling in KTalk 24/7 and you will make it.

First off I want to say I don’t disapprove of your advice at all.Second it’s 120k per YEAR which after 15years even after interest is compounded while Re-investing all the interest it will come to not more than 5M (am assuming she stops saving once she hits the 1.2M and she gives that amount to a investment firm).
Anyway my advice would be she starts a business/invest in one which she has a passion in.We have heard plenty of stories of people who quit high paying jobs to follow their passion and it pays big time.
Personally I don’t subscribe to the school of thought of saving money without investing coz when she attains retirement age akuwe amesave 20M what will she do then to grow that money ama ni kuikula tu? That 20M after 15 years at that time hata maybe it won’t be enough to buy a plot in any decent neighborhood in Nairobi or elsewhere.

Nope she saves for 15 years until the stay she will stop working.

Kama saa hizi when her mind is still young anashindwa cha kufanya,je akifikisha umri wa kustaafu ndio atajua cha kufanya na kitita kubwa cha pesa?

Thanks you all again…such a great community.

Yes i can.Whats your background? Mine is a bsc in Math which i was called for by JAB those days…didnt think i would make anything out of it… but it got me into Data Analysis/statistics.

Sawa i just joined yesterday but niko juu na replies.I Will look research on T bills and rentals and biz (biz nayo sijui kabiiisa but nita research)

I see what you did there.

Mnaiitwa kujeni

Oh i dont know her…we are marginalised and quite a small population…the Ambeere…but we may not all know each other…

You should think of laying the foundation for your own consultancy firm based on the job you do. That will be an easier side hustle to manage because it won’t have a steep learning curve. Plus you can still run it for a few more decades after retirement.

The Ambeere are under the Embu tribe according to the census.

She’s saving for the future chief, not only saving but investment which is a lifetime of happiness.

Education, Maths Physics

Idling, Chief do you always see me here?

We dont like this because the Embu domineer us…theyre larger…The Embu side was developed more by the mzungu during colonial time while Mbeere sections were largely left undeveloped

Start buying prime plots in the range of 1m-2m e.g 1 plot per year. By the time you retire at 60, ukuwe na kitabu ya title deeds. Sell the plots for a big profit then and build decent rentals with your new found free time.

NB: Land speculation is an art. Siku hizi sio kama kitambo when you would buy land anywhere and expect to become a birrionea. You must do research and buy in a high population growth area. Utashangaa sana ukiwekelea 2 million kwa plot then 6 years down the line mtu akupee offer ya 20 million. People have done it in the past. You can replicate that success with more work i.e better research.

@Goodlady dont listen to hii advice ya greenhouse and /dairy farming .It requires full time supervision and will consume so much of your time .I can guarantee premium tears if you go this route .

Awesome.Kazi kwangu sasa…

At the risk of asking too much ANYONE with a knowledgeable person knows these land research and knows the prime areas that will appreciate over time…plz refer…if he or she not too expe.Thank you all.

So tuko same field except for the physics

How does that work? Kazi za kuandikwa sio guaranteed lasting, your idea sounds good but vague. How does one embark? Limitations?,finance? Im keen as well