How do they do it

My late granpa told me of how they would form raid parties na kuingia Kakamega and Bungoma counties kutafuta mali. After raiding, kuna wale wa kukimbiza ng’ombe then a bigger group would form an ambush group knowing they’d be followed by luhya warriors. Ole wao wakijaribu kufuata. Wakifika Kakamega forest wanagawa mali na kila mtu anajipanga. There were those that sold the cows na kuingia breweries na kukamua kungurus hadi pesa inaisha, then kuna wale who invested. @uwesmake ukipita pale Paul Boit high school jua hio 3000 acres hapo nyuma ya shule ni mali ilichangiwa na your forefathers. My grandpa alikua team MTGOW until he was 55 yrs akalazimishiwa bibi na the brothers. This practice however iliisha among the Nandis kitambo sana. Pokots ndio naona wakiacha hii maneno the year 2300.

Sasa izi ndio maswali alikua ana finese

Was it @maasai 101? Not sure. Pole Kiongozi Kama hekaya haikuwa yako

Will walk 100km back home?

They had the blessings of former Riftvalley Police Boss and Anti stock theft unit boss…And am sure with the exit of the two, others took over… Rustling is a cashcow to a mix of politicians and police bosses in the region

I lived seeing it na nilipeana hiyo story hapa. Those pokots are tiny small people but ile madhara wao hufanya, hata kiroboto/kunguni ni afadhali.

100km kwani wanapitia elgeyo marakwet wakitoka kapedo
Ama wanatembea hadi lokitaung ndio waibe ngombe alafu warudi???

I once visited Suam police station, or kacheliba police station, I can’t remember the name but ni karibu na kwa Pogishio, that was a scene from WW1. Every structure in that compound was bullet riddled after pokots broke in to reclaim recovered cattle.

They are very short people and this works to their advantage. They had different skills:

1 They look for even shorter ones to run with the cattle as the tall ones offer security like 100 metres away hiding in the bushes or

1. below one of the strong cows they make slings under their belly. When you look at the cows you think they are alone. …but wait a minute…they aren’t!!!there are little creatures hanging below their bellies . Risasi hukuja but you can’t tell where its coming from or

2. they come with one alpha bull that knows direction home. After they are done piling their stock, the bull leads them to their new found home.

@Tarantinoh had mentioned more skills they use

Just look at your average pokot, they are a little different, they have longer legs and smaller upper body, a good adaptation, and walk with a spring, they wear tire akalas you can’t know if they are coming or going.

And you acknowledge the kijiji. A kenyatalk empire presents.

@Tarantinoh on that fateful day I had gone to visit my uncle who was mkasa to another Baengele (bukusu) village huko Namanjalala (border ya kitale and Pokot).
I had just come from disco matanga after that merry night of drinking busaa and cham (chang’aa), I walked home whistling .

Mara nikasikia footsteps of cows running and risasi , the more I stopped to listen the more they foot steps drew closer to me . I decided to hide myself in the bush …kumbe nilikuwa nimeonekana na hao stupid ,kunguni , viroboto pokots.

They smoked me out of the hiding and they were talking their language which I came to know later they were contemplating whether to finish me or let me go. I think Buddha was on my side that day. " wachana na hii bukusu mnono, hawezi kimbia kuambia chief. " kidogo I was hit by something hard on my forehead which made me chew black-out on top of ya pombe.

That was the last time I went to Namanje (Namanjalala) . My friend was killed that night . One time I was told to do an interview for some potential candidates 20 years later. Boy I saw one of the candidates was a Pokot . Even though he was qualified , nilimnyima job because of what his cousins , uncles , friend , or relatives did to me 20 years earlier. Ogopa pokots @uwesmake

Tuko 21st century. Chunga usiaibishe Clichy kwa speech ya prize giving day.

It is the reason kalenjins are renowned long distance runners. It used to be a noble duty for young adult males, hapo ndio mahari ilikua inatoka
Nowadays a few youth are being used by connected individuals. Build more schools and it will end.

It’s a complicated process involving ambush boys, the receiving warriors and those who finally load them into lorries and bring them to slaughter houses in Nairobi. In the past, it was a pure warrior act and pastime for Moran’s from pastoralists communities but nowadays it is a highly organized crime involving senior government officials and powerful men and women. During the Baragoi incident, it was rumoured that Iteere was in the mix of the rustling business.

Daiwo
Weka link wengine wetu hatukuona

it’s also well organized with cooperation with political leaders ! Sometime back they showed a stolen herd in ol ngarua in some valley the police had gotten an order not to pursue them, the rustlers were interviewed and they confesed they got orders and bullets from politicians , they are transported in 5 litre and 20 litre jerrycans in matatus!

Sande sana