How does one deal with more "successful" peers

Well put !

Surround yourself with successful people. Get a mentor that has achieved incredible success and the rest will follow.

Be VERY UNCOMFORTABLE with the comfort zone. Write down your goals, always revisit them (daily, weekly, monthly and eventually, yearly) and see what is hindering or making you achieve them as you move along. (SWOT analysis). Works like a charm.

but chief what if their success intimidates me?

izi hasira zinaanza juu ya kuona ni kama my time is taking long to come

i am learning

[ATTACH=full]273287[/ATTACH]

Do not try to be like other people… You have a path in life to follow and on the path are your opportunities meant to be exploited for your success to come… Focus on those and not other people and you will be ok.

I’ll tell you for free. The mistake most people make is that when they go to folks who have achieved incredible success (career wise and monetarily) is usipeleke mashida zako kwake. Mara oh, nipe loan, mara sijui I’m short this amount of money, wife issues etc.

Go to them. Straight up. Tell them I want you to mentor me to achieve the level of success that you have achieved. I don’t want a handout or money.

My fren, use that approach and you’ll be amazed. Try it. Report back in a year or two.

thanks man…i was in a dark place

lesson learnt

The moment you overlook what you have and compare yourself with other people’s success/wealth, then you will always be stressed…no matter how rich/poor you’re…

I went to my high school reunion at around 25 - that’s the same year I quit working for an ungrateful muhindi. Literally all the girls who got out with C’s were doing much better than I was. That’s when it really hit me that our education system ( back then ) was an epic fail. We thought achieving good grades meant a better life outside here . We were not taught to think outside the box … I had to take a critical look at my strengths and weaknesses , what I wanted to do as opposed to what my IT know how instilled in campus had me doing. I hated my job and the career path I was on.

So think outside the box. What you achieved in school doesn’t always reflect with how you will succeed in real life.
Don’t compare yourself with the others , neither do not make fool hardy decisions which will sink you. Find your niche ,love it and excel in it .

The question should be why havent you scaled those heights yet? They did what they had to do, it is good you feel envious, that shows you like the good stuff too but it is not their fault you aren’t there yet, look inwards.

How do you define success? What does being successful look like to you?make goals and start achieving them however small.not everybody has the same definition of success. All in all concentrate on achieving your goals.

am at that point…i hope my emancipation will come soon…mimi kwanza izo re-union niliwcha zamani sana

life is a journey and not a competition…ukijipata unaskia mbaya when others are leading better lives than you…jipige kifua na useme “MIMI NI MROGI”

i know i need to re-define all that

Most people are either too proud, scared or timid to ask.

Kama wewe, since you already have a rapport with her, all you needed to do was at an opportune moment, mvute kando. Muonge. There is no shame in asking and brainstorming.

:D:D:D I only attended two nikawacha. Kuna watu siwezi fikia yet I always looked down on them for failing even in English.
But here is another thing … we always think the grass is greener on the other side until we get there.Things are not always as they seem. Sometimes I really wonder if there’s any content human being in this universe and envy the few who might have actually found the key to true happiness.
I wish you all the best.

:D:D…zi manze siskii vibaya juu yao…najidharau sijatoboa