How hard can it be?

I beg to differ.

On fuel would u rather a 2500 cc n/a or a 1500cc turbo?

Turbo charged cars are very pleasant to drive, but come with a high price tag especially when it comes to fuel consumption
Not recommended for town running , but super when you hit the open road

general law of engineering
the more power an engine has the more fuel it burns
Its that simple

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::slight_smile:

Of blown engines, i think it is because people put so much boost on those things. Too much mod Hard launches and general abuse like rally drivers. But what if i got myself a legacy turbo i get it a timer and i do not use it as a race car but a pleasant daily driver with the power that comes whenever you need it. Eg overtaking and cruizing. Hata mafuta ya 2000cc legacy turbo na ile natural aspirated zinapitana mbali sana kweli?

engine 1KD FTV
[ATTACH=full]142602[/ATTACH]

I use 2500 bob on a trip from kakamega to eldy and back on a 1500cc nze. Tell me how much more would a turbo imprezza use. I predict with 3200 a n/a legacy would do that trip. Thats a 700 bob difference. I think not such a bad price to pay for friving a car you love. I may be mistaken

what’s important is not the cc rating of the engine but rather the horse power produced by the engine , a 1500 cc turbo charged engine can produce anywhere btw 160bhp to 220bhp depending on the technology applied , whereas a 2500cc Non turbo engine can produce 200 bhp to 280bhp or even higher

What of the hybrid cars…?

the law applies for engines that burn fuel directly hybrid cars are powered by electric energy stored in the batteries, the bats are in turn recharged by the engine

Turbos have a threshold. They “kick in” at certain revs. Mine kicks in at around 3300 rpm and full boost is from around 4200rpm.

Step on it ndio ikuwe above turbo threshold ndio utajua fuel si mchanga ya kuokota.

While it’s always running, it doesn’t compress until the engine is producing a certain amount of load that allows it to draw in more air.

So under certain revs, you’re really running an n/a car. Not sure how it works for diesel juu ya diesel turbo hukick in mapema sana but they’re still very efficient.

My trips to kakamega and back would see me consume around 1.5 tanks - where a tank is 60 litres.

Yangu kicks in at around 1600rpm… shida hapa ni kuwa most people dont service their cars regularly…kwa watu kama hao afadhali wakae mbali na turbos esp diesel engines… if well serviced a turbo powered engine will last a very long time esp diesel

What is the engine rating on your car? And would you trade that in for a N/A for your trips to kakamega? And by extension sasa tuwachane na turbo tutafute N/A? Bcoz sioni kama stress ni service stress ni consumption

Ni 2000cc 4 cylinder, 16 valve intercooler turbo. Subaru manenos :slight_smile:

Untouched foresters kick in from 2000 rpm but die out by 5500 rpm. Sisi wa kumap gari ni tofauti.

Hii ni gari gani?

Volvo s40 2.0D

@General Specific = @captain obvious

No

So what of your counterparts with N/A but same make of car. Hiyo trip inakunywa 1.5 tank itapita na tank yao kiasi gani? Approximately ofcourse because there are alot of variables

They drink less, relative to the power they’re producing.

My car does 12-15km per litre. N/a would do 14-16km /litre. There’s no real difference save for the n/a being a boring drive. In this context I’m speaking of 2 litres and not 1.5