How I lost 13000 to olx scam yesterday

So sorry for that…I left the plastic with the cops… didn’t want it to remind me of what I went through

Picha iko?

Was it a guy with stained teeth that you dealt with?

I can’t recall that…but was average height and kitambi kiasi

Mwingine alipewa simu iko moto akaambiwa ndio imetoka charging.

10mins later simu bado iko moto. Jamaa kufungua nyuma anapata ni ugali moto imefinywa hapo kwa battery. :D:D

#MyNairobiStory on Twitter.

Umebakisha kuqa conned two times ufikishe threshold

Hehehe. First of all, ati unarudi hapo mbio, what did you expect? Ulidhani utampata amesimama tu hapo, umwambie amekupa phone fake, alafu akupee S9 “original” na a-apologise?
Wewe @Joseh hozeh na @Mzee Wenger were conned because you’re greedy, period. Iphone 8 mpya last year ilikuwa how much…75k? And you expect to buy it at 26k?
Alafu vile mnasema ati if you meet that guy atawatambua, stop daydreaming. The guy is 10 steps ahead of you, mkubali tu hakuna kitu mtafanya na muendelee na maisha yenu. If at all you meet, chances are:
-The guy will turn on you and call you a thief, his crew will appear out of nowhere and beat you like a burukenge (you think he was alone when he conned you?)
-He will pretend to be frightened and offer you an actual phone. Afterwards some rogue policemen he works with will track you down and arrest you for robbery with violence. Utaambiwa mwenye simu aliuliwa na wewe ndio umepatikana nayo. Hapo unaanza kutafuta mapesa tena ya kufuta murder charge kwa OB.
In short, move the fuck on coz you’re never getting your money back.

Am very sure they burst out laughing the moment u hit the door…:D:D:D:D. Most traders are cons in this town…wakiona ur guard is down they are tempted to take advantage of u. Check everywhere mpaka kwa butchery utapata hao manugu wakipima nyama ukiangalia kando anaweka less na kuirusha kwa cutting board…

Ebu eka picha

Karibu Nairobi

That’s the same guy I dealt with

Okay
1.rushing back to the scene is just a normal thing that a human being would do…I mean what would u do?? Freeze where u are like a fool or ran home to ur mummy??
2…u ought to know that every one is greedy to some extent. .don’t act like u haven’t been fooled before. …u can’t really understand because u weren’t there
3.I agree with the one about letting go but u don’t have to stress it like that. …I’ll process that slowly…and besides this happened for the better future coz I will be more cautious nxt time

OLX should set up a crime prevention department. These are repeat offenders who can be traced easily using their mobile devices.

How did it happen in your case

When making a purchase, involve one or two friends. A third party is more likely to spot potential pit-falls because they are not under anxiety like the purchaser.

This is soo true…u make a valid point

Venye @kaki86 amesema. Hizi hekaya tumeziskia sana yet hazikujangi na evidence …

uploading shortly kuwa mpole

Why

Why the fuck do I need to prove anything. …am just sharing what happened so that no one else falls for this shit so as to put an end to those guys, and besides , isn’t that the point to this whole story? Ama umeskia nalipwa kupost apa

I fell for that trick circa 2006… Phone ya display imewekwa matope na coins…they get your confidence by letting you operate and touch the real phone… Then switchup after cash exchange…