How Profitable is Pig Farming?

Pig farming is very profitable once done in a professional manner. Not so many people are willing to invest in pigs because of the claim the pigs are dirty which is not true.
The major cost in pig farming is feeds. If you want to operate a commercial pig farming you need proper feeds for your pigs not leftovers from hotels and restaurants as this might bring some infections and diseasesto your pigs. The leftovers also does not contain the enough nutrients and minerals necessary for fast growth of pigs.
Visit an agrovet near you and request for the various pig feeds depending on the size and age of your pigs. I’m also an aspiring pig farmer in kitengela area capital ndio inanisumbua.

Supplement with kitchen wastes ,and sweet potato vines

Capital ni ka ngapi?

Brathe na si kwa ubaya, Farmer’s Choice wana utiaji mingi sana these days. They have their own supply and thus nyinyi wengine they buy as they please. Inabidi mtu astruggle na local purchasers who aren’t consistent and pricing si poa kama ya FC. Hao wachinku mnasema wanapatikana wapi? Labda wataokolea wafugaji.

Lakini they delay alot to buy. But if you could get a strategic place place you open your own busharee. Utakaingiza mbaya Sana. Siku hizi nywele nyeusi wanaconsume nguruwe Sana.
Kwanza pale Bus station nyumba ya Mumbi house kuna mjamaa ako na pork hotel. Huyu kwake pesa just pour like rain.

@Wanaruona at what price do pigs retail? How much will Farmers give for a mature pig?

I’m planning to be a farmer lakini naogopa kukosa soko, nyumba ya mumbi iko wapi hapo bus station nitembee najua hio ni busheri yako shiny one.

Tembea Thika ujionee PorK City na Githumu Pork.

I’m talking about bungoma.

Hiyo delay ndiyo inashaft msee proper; they promise ati watakujia supply and keep you with no word for a month…saa hizo swine zimekula kukula unazidisha expense, then FC waseme fat iko juu so returns less…
Hao local butchers ndio wanaokolea at times usibaki umeumia tu… Thankfully huko ushago kwetu watu wanakula pork kweli, it is no longer an exotic meat.

Lakini uchunge hawa butcher wasikuletee magonjwa. Lakini ukifungua Ka bushari karibu na klabu poa na ukuwe na pork choma. Walevi watakujenga mbaya.

Endea breed kwa farmers choice. Ama I can hook u na mjamaa akuzie breed ambayo iko na mimba.

Si kuna tulocal town pia huko unaweza smelisha onion.

Huwa tunajaribu sana kuweka usafi juu; even hao butcher ni yule 1 tu huingia kwa sty na anaingia through ile disinfectant footbath. Akichagua ni farm hand anamtolea had nje kwa gari.
After neighbour mmoja apate shida coz of infection, hata mambo ya food scraps tuliacha. Afadhali we do smaller numbers but we are certain ni nini tumelisha.

VS @pamba huko BG huwezi kosa club wakikuyu huenda mugithi; ukianza hapo, utajua ikiwa kuna demand, na ni ya kiasi gani

Average cost for a newborn piglet? Alafu hiyo ikona mimba ni kama ngapi?

Hehe … priss, kwa guruwe all I know is eating bacon and sausage

To cut costs try and make your own feeds,formulations za quality feeds are available,with that you will have cut your feeding costs by around 30%

Following

I have been in piggery for 4 yrs and a contracted Farmers Choice producer for the last 2.
The basics are 1. Adequate capitalization 2.Proper breeders 3.Housing 4.Management. Feeding will eat 80% of your running costs.
To make money you need adequate scale (relative to your location). feed prices are currently escalating, best feed is bidco,unga,Farm feeds… in that order… Farmers choice have their feed but hiyo ukilisha utauza after 8 months very light pigs…
Formulating your own feeds for new farmers is a definite no(especially for small operations)…learn the mechanics of the business of producing pork then your can deal with variable feed materials later…
Kwa ufupi capital and your time very important…