How to kill Fall Armyworms

Man, please use google.

My kashamba is near a flower farm and I’ve asked them how they keep out worms and they told me they use neem oil and organic insecticide. I had my local agricultural officer come to my farm and advice us and he was a bumbling fool he even told us to burn our crops and wait next season.

Tell me what I’ve said is not practical? Why is it the poor man farms are the ones affected? How do you think the big farms in Kenya are managing it…

Why what i’ve said is not wrong.

Pesticide kills everything in a large area.

Insecticide is for targeted killings in a small area.

They’re only similar because they’re both chemicals used to treat diseased plants.

:D:D:D:D that part of agricultural officer… hio advice from flower farms may not apply to you because you grow different crops. For example those worms aren’t interested in manugu they want maize. Again they all lie to protect their market because use of certain chemicals is prohibited for export produce.

Not enough birds, beetles, insects and other bugs to feed on the worm. It appears we may already have over used pesticides and caused an in-balanced on the natural predators that feed on the worms.

Perhaps we have to reduce using harmful pesticides that kill off beneficial insects. Neem oil spray is apparently good and other botanical Insecticides such as pyrethrin from pyrethrum; which we once produced in large quantities before that industry got killed off by artificial global pesticides.

artificial global pesticides was the excuse. the reason was theft.

True, efforts are been made to revive the collapsed industry, more help is required for this potentially income generating industry.