How to succeed in small biashara

1. Keep digital and manual records. Reason why businesses in Africa fail to keep records of their daily sales and expenses. They dont know when or whether they are making profits or losses.

What’s your advice sir?

Think outside the box. Kaa chini, waza na kuwazua boss just don’t do what your neiba is doing

Summary:
Focus on your business.

…and if your neighbour does what you initiated?

That only means your business has a low barrier of entry. As in its a lame idea that anyone can copy

Wacha ujinga Nani. A business dealing with material goods doesn’t need rocket science to copy

Powerful advice Elder!

Napiga Screenshot mara hio for future reference

That’s what I’m saying. Your reading skills are wanting.

The reason your idea is easily copied is because the business has a low barrier of entry

Ungeemaliza shule ungejua these are basics of any business.

I think its a matter of perspective. In his view, mtu anaishi bedsitter ako na luxurious life :D.

The same way I would tell you kama unaishi Riverside uache luxurious life uende Roysambu.

Never Ignore The Power of Paid Adverts

Someone had previously mentioned that it’s crucial to have a monthly marketing budget. Last year around October to Dec, I spent 3,500 a month on paid ads from Jiji.co.ke and the results were impressive.

Facebook also has a great AI marketing system that lets you define the characteristics of the potential audience plus targeting specific locations. The ads work brilliantly!

Paid advertising also makes your brand appear legit.

Agreed. Hiyo small business has to have potential of scaling. Scaling is what will get you out of a cycle. By scaling ni moving volumes/ numbers.

This is why Jiji has become an online market place for businesses. Someone want to liquidate their assets to downsize or to retreat back home, they can’t. Jiji has a stupid pathetic policy requiring one to pay to post several listings of the same category.

The unfortunate reality is that Jiji receives hundreds of free adverts daily and each seller wants to have their product/service appearing at the top of their respective categories.

It would be impossible to place each free advert strategically unless there’s a criteria in place to sort of create a level playing field.

Sort by Non-sponsored.