I am not disparaging black Africans but…………

th

Thats consolling your self,we always find reason not to blame ourselves for our shortcomings

Not Ug. SS.:slight_smile:

1 Like

angalia our animal breeds utajua our forefathers walisindikiza jua.
Our african dog has no speciality, it was not bred, it was just allowed to run around mating. Its not a shepherd, not a hunter, not a guard dog not an aesthetic pet.
Cheki our zebu cow, it produces way too little milk to be a dairy cow, doesn’t way enough when mature to be a beef breed but hey, it can keep up with cattle rustlers and ensure you never catch up once its stolen

All those standards are set by westerners. Doesn’t mean we have to follow them blindly if they do not add value to our lives.

What is Western about wanting a pet that earns its keep? Or wanting a cow that produces the milk of two or one that walks slow and can’t be stolen without a lorry? Those are standards you find by thinking, using your brain, that is how the West came to have them. Si ati if they think of something first we avoid it because it’s not from us.

I am talking of those generalizations ooh ati it can hunt, or guard or bla bla bla, just because it is called a certain fancy name. So, I agree with your point that we don’t need to be guided blindly by western standards if they don’t serve our interests.

Generalizations? Are you arguing that all dog breeds are equal when given certain tasks?

No. I am talking of transferring western solutions to Africa without considering their suitability to the actual problem they are meant to address.