I am struggling with Christianity

I never said religion is bad. Frankly I’m convinced religion is a tool, whether God exists/doesn’t exist may not matter. Tools can be used for good or bad, just like panga, technology and any tool you know. There are societies functioning very well because of their common religions, we also see people using religion wrongly every single day.

About Jesus and Ceaser and laws. All ceasers are made “ceasers” by men. Laws, ethics and morals are manmade just to make society possible. Nature does not recognize manmade laws, nature just wants you to eat good food, stay away from death and have raw sex to continue life, simple. Jesus and Christianity preaches a conformist model i.e. you have to obey a higher power. What if the higher power (government, religion, organization etc) is very wrong, oppressive and bad for the individual? Do you just give ceaser what belongs to ceaser?
People may never know the real truth about the Christian faith as a whole. All we have is a Bible which conflicts itself and has been tailored and changed endless times.

why stop midway instead of the complete statement?
After what you’ve quoted, he continued with ’ and to God what belongs to God…’ didn’t he?

Its not simply about trying different religions until you find a fit.
The thing he has to do is answer is IF he believes God exist. If he can justify this belief, then he can narrow it down to a religion that is in line with his own attitude and beliefs of god.
If he doesnt believe, then he will just start doubting Allah as much as any other god

Well he can still try and see from an Islamic point of view, how things correlate. He may find it better for him.

Even if I completed that quote, it is fashioned in a way to manipulate belivers. That we should obey the laws of the land regardless of what we truly belive in. What if the laws of man are contrary to our beliefs? Which one do we follow? The law or our beliefs? Christ was just being vague purposely to leave it for interpretation. Who has the authority to interpret that?

Another question, what are Gods belonings? To answer that we need some authority to tell us what belongs to God. And if in my own deductions I find that item x belongs to God but the laws of man says they belong to caeser, what do I do?

Another one was dryfrying a 9 year old

I agree with you 100%. I think it is okay to identify as a follower of a religion but even as you do that, when it comes to your personal convictions, do not compromise. The clever ones will compromise. But I choose to be a fool most of the time. Conclusion; do what you think is right unless if it will greatly inconvenience you.

Religion is the opium of the masses - Karl Marx

Marx was making a structural functionalism argument about religion, and particularly about organized religion.[3][4] Marx believed that religion had certain practical functions in society that were similar to the function of opium in a sick or injured person: it reduced people’s immediate suffering and provided them with pleasant illusions which gave them the strength to carry on. Marx also saw religion as harmful, as it prevents people from seeing the class structure and oppression around them, thus religion can prevent the necessary revolution.

what do you believe in?

You see you don’t have to be a Christian to believe in God. I would advise you to believe in God in your own way and discard Christianity if you don’t like it. That’s what Thomas Jefferson did he cut out what he felt were irrelevant parts of the New Testament and kept what he liked that book is what we now know as the Jefferson bible.

And that is why in every problem you hear or see niggers just saying “tutakuombea kwa hayo…” and switch tabs to continue with their business. Even when the govt is dry-frying you you still pray for God to give them wisdom and guidance to wake up.

Isn’t it obvious that the laws of the country are meant to protect our rights to be free and worship among other things. What is that one thing that the law of man would force you to choose on who’s side to follow the laws?
Definitely not in Kenya…

But the same law can be used to opress you. Not all laws are meant to protect the masses. That is why the likes of Omtata go to court to challenge some laws enacted by parliament. People should not obey the laws of land just because religious creed dictates so. In other words I am saying religion/law can be a bad thing. And this law keeps changing. Bangi illikuwa illegal until recently it was legalised in some countries.

I only asked you to name something that goes against religion in any country, sasa naona the example you’re giving me is of legalising weed, kwani wewe ni Rastafari? :smiley:
Can you give a better example pliss, coz honestly am yet to see some laws that go against religion in Kenya…

Romans 13.1 contradicts Article 2 (1) of the constitution of Kenya.

I believe in God, he’ll, heaven and Christianity because I believe in justice. If you believe that a murdered, a rapist and their deserve to be in heaven with people who have given their life to do good …then that is up to you

Suffer suffer for world, now your fault be dat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhExm8sBGo4

The bible records that God referred to David as a man after his own heart yet David was an adulterer and murdered as he killed Uriah and committed adultery with his wife…why would God call such a man a man after his own heart…because David was a man of repentant heart who acknowledged he was indeed a sinner and sought for forgiveness from God

The main message the Bible has been trying to communicate is that we are all sinners…that is why God introduced the 10 commandments…not for us to keep them .But for it to reveal our sinful nature as humans…that is why no one ever kept the 10 commandments …So the problem was not the 10 commandments but our sinful nature as humans which make us not to fulfill the 10 commandments…and that is what God wanted us to see when he introduced the 10 commandments

So God finally brought the solution to the son issue when he decided to come down and took upon the human nature in form of Jesus fulfilled the 10 commandments abolished it and said th st whosoever believes in him Jesus…has eternal life…because he took upon the human nature and was made sin for humans and sin was judged in him so that the human race can never be judged again for sins…they that put their faith in him