I MISS MY FATHER

Could have, would have, should have.
The last words of a fool.

He being a man and you being young will explain the turn of events. Start by paying him a visit,his visit break the ice,chat about climate, politics, anything just create a rapport.
Then after that make him understand why you did as you did and ask / tell him that’s in the past and you would very much appreciate a future with both his guidance and company.
Am sure as parent he has been waiting for that day

words of wisdom never go unnoticed @klevgit .thank you

you said it all.this is brilliant @Tony90

i will @MBOMB

Invite him out somewhere…but vile umeambiwa hapo juu, the best way is to start a project that will make it comfortable for the both of you to have a normal conversation

shait! I should have taken that girl’s number.

Why not hit the nail on the head? Get his best friend and explain your intentions and how you feel, make arrangements to visit your Papa. Let him be your Spokesman since as of now you’re a prodigal son

Just make amends slowly. No need to jump with both feet in. At least you know he’s forgiven you so you might just need to remove the awkwardness first then the rest will be organic since he’s your father.

Your dad is no longer mad. He could also be missing you and longing for the day you will both meet and reconcile. But don’t go alone. Ongea na wazee wenye busara kama Gashwin, Guka, Meria Mata, Kasighau na wengineo. Watakupa mawaidha na pia waambatane na wewe ili uonyeshe babako heshima yake. Nunulia wazee muratina na usiende kwa babako mkono tupu. After this all will be well.

That is solid counsel!!

This hekaya and @itrovert’s remarks bring to mind a great song of the 80’s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGDA0Hecw1k