I need to quit drinking right now!!

Change your friends.

Its possible.

Im in the same situation as you. Blowing money like crazy.

But this lent i commited to give up drinking and its been great. I sleep better, wake up fresh, and money just doesnt seem to leave my pocket. Additionally i know have so much time. I didnt realize how much time we spend in the local drinking.

Also my drinking buddies have disappeared.

Call each of those guys you drink with and ask for a loan of 20k, no one will give you. Yet you spend a lot of money buying g them drinks. That is the only way you manage to blow 15k in one night. Next time go to the bar with only 500 shillings and see if any of them will buy you a beer. You’ll be surprised.

Hiyo pesa tumia mamako. She will appreciate and pray for you .

Honestly speaking it was a good idea posting here. I’m starting to see where the problem is and I think I know where to start. Also knowing that there are people out there who were going through the same thing and beat it, who am I not to? Thank you everyone so much. The journey starts here and I promise everyone who took their time to comment a helping word… I WILL DO THIS and I will post my progress.

Get a bicycle my friend

Never been this serious that I can tell you

Hehe ati thinking of quitting the day after St. Patrick’s Day.
But anyway stopping is the easy part. Kama unataka kuondokea fobe without transferring to something else or being miserable as ferk you will/may need to address what keeps you going back to the bottle in the first place…and the related complications.
All that time and energy you spend on your drinking will still be there even when you decide to stop. Utafanya nini na hiyo time yote??
You may need to develop an arsenal of healthy coping mechanisms to use in the place of the shitty ones you’ve been using now.
Try and see the drink-centric culture for what it is! It is not sophisticated and glamorous but an ugly cycle that doesn’t serve you but actually steals from you.
There’s a blog called hipsobriety.com. Check it out…

On a ‘mind’ or ‘thinking’ level.The only label is your name. You need to reject labels like ‘alcoholic’, ‘addict’ etc. They do nothing! And regardless, even if you do qualify, the label does nothing positive to you. Labels stigmatize you, keep you stuck in an old story and perpetuate an idea that you are flawed and different. It’s a problem, and you probably don’t want to do it anymore but you don’t need an identity as anything to stop drinking. Just move beyond where you are and don’t stay put.

I’m still stuck at the 15k bill on a weekend, as advised above u will know your friends when you go broke, the ninjas you are buying 15k liquor cannot help you when in financial trouble, so drink wisely if you cannot stop drinking. Sharing the bill accross the table works for me, hakuna mwanaume mama ya mwingine, if its kungurus you are buying beer sasa hapo siwezi kusaidia consult with your small leg and agree if you really need that…

Yes. Hockey hapo Limuru road near City Park and Gor offcourse (cant use my car only uber - if you know you know)

hapo sawa bro[ATTACH=full]229815[/ATTACH]

If you spent 15k on your own booze kuna kachida, lakini if the 15k ni ya kununulia mandume pombe hiyo ni philanthropy due to poor financial planning. Once umecommit pesa yako mandume watakuondoka since 100% of the time they require a fool to leech on before moving on to the next one.
Chunguza crew utoe kunguni.

Well, well, well! I suspect that you keep a bad company that drains your capability to make wise decisions especially when the drink takes toll. I have had similar encounters in the previous 9 months but I decided to change for the better. A small hekaya based on my experience here will work;

There is this business associate that I kept on avoiding for almost 2 years and one day he was in my hood and requested for company. After endless excuses, I decided that a man’s got to do what a man’s got to do. I never imagined there could be such high end clubs within the hood in discussion, but on entering, I was dumbfounded; I mean the club was well maintained in a crisp shape. The table where I was whisked to was in the VIP with a wide range of kungurus to select from.

I was introduced to one fellow who I came to learn later was the OG on that particular night and many to follow. On that night drinks flowed freely, with me blowing up a whole stack (can’t mention the amount for obvious reasons) and I ended up in a hotel at upperhill where I reached the proverbial K-talk threshold.

This went on for a while until I could not keep up with the developments anymore, so I approached my bank for a credit card. Waaaah! This is where shit hit the fun, the first weekend I blew 50% of my credit card on niggaz I hang out and this continued for a few days until I was becoming a DDO. I was losing my family and relatives even convened a family meeting to review the state of affairs and assist on way forward.

All went well and I was even given a family counsellor to guide me for one month; as I hold a strong believe that addiction is a state of the mind, I was able to work my way around issues and even took a month off duty in order to detox. On completely healing from this situation I went back to drinking though on a small time basis as I reviewed the situation that just hit me.

Believe me it wasn’t worth it, I found out that the aftermath of my rampage ran into seven figures of expenditure with some credit of course, a month later, I lost a rich friend who couldn’t take it anymore; he committed suicide after he contracted I don’t know which disease and incurred huge expenditure on his company which he was a sole proprietor. The list the list of risks and losses was just too long for me to continue with the lifestyle I had set myself on.

Another thing I came to learn is that 3 of the guys I hang out were bar owners; these are more risky to hang out with, they will do everything just to keep their business going including putting a bevy of women around you so you feel like a king. Do not be tempted my friend!

I enjoy my premium high-end Johnie Blue label scotch every Friday or sato evening on the rocks without any regrets. This is, of course, after hitting all my business targets. No targets, no JW blue label smoky, creamy scotch. Simple. No compromise with that.

So what do i do? I fucking work hard like a mad man during weekdays to afford that shit. And I won’t quit drinking any time soon.

You see, the thing about alcohol its just like women. You’re a fucking grown man, you should know your taste, your limits and your budget. Achana na hizi umbwa zinakwambia sijui anza kukunywa chan’gaa ya 50/- bullshit! Being a man is the epitome of control, focus and having a clear focus objective. What madness is it ati sijui upelekee Gakuyo sacco pesa ndio usilewe? Are u a small boy? Grow a pair nigga.

NB: A bottle of JW blue label is 35K at my favorite watering hole.

Gooood.
Now go back to your regular handle.

kumbuka when you grow broke those ninjas unabuia pombe kila weeked wil be first to laugh

If you still have money for cheap liquor, hujasota bado. Find another project ikukamue pesa. Until the point where if you drink you have to miss a meal i.e until you have to choose between basic needs or alcohol.

Heheee…isn’t this being a slave of your own life? Do not over complicate life. First, get this; Alcohol is not a bad thing, is been around since ages. Your company and need for acceptance is. Drop the middle class nonsense of wanting to go to the high end places. If you calculate the real worth of the 15k drinks, its probably 6k. The rest ni profit ya msee. Drink in normal places, trust you me, its much more fun. Now, 6k is still a lot, cut that by half (coz of your health, do some savings for a project, blah blah blah). Now enjoy your drink, thank these awesome people later.

Wise words my friend

Atapata aids

I always tell people drink one or two cups of keg once or twice a month that’s what l do lakini hii yenu ya kutumia 15k one Saturday is a joke you are killing yourself

You dreams are still valid!!