I want to build a PC with a 100k budget

[ATTACH=full]233805[/ATTACH]to[ATTACH=full]233806[/ATTACH][ATTACH=full]233807[/ATTACH]

Even music producers who require powerful machines use gaming laptops instead of PC’s who lied to you laptops ain’t powerful? If you want a powerful machine always go for a gaming laptop coz it’s more suited to performance even if you ain’t a gamer, also it’s mobile, sasa u can code on the go since u have said u are a programmer,
With 100k u can get a very decent laptop.

Building a pc in Kenya is more expensive unless you purchase a pre built machine, before i bought a gaming laptop i was concidering the same.

Source parts elsewhere then assemble. Prebuilt is how I did it myself as well after I got a really well speced machine pale best seller halafu nikaongeza rtx 2060

This looks good. How much would it cost in total to import? A rough estimate will do.

Right. I’ll do some research into this, then depending on my findings, I’ll know what route to take, PC or laptop. Uko na any recommendations za laptop?
Although wacha niseme, I was looking into a situation where I can connect to two HD monitors, I was doing that with my laptop and it was not the smoothest setup (1366 x 768 with 1024 x 768)

If I can connect two 1920 x1080 and use a PC, that’s be better for me.

Mobility is not the biggest concern for me at the moment, as I have a laptop I can carry if I need to.

I have a UPS setup that can run me for 24 hours straight, in case of an outage. So I’d be just fine with a desktop.

Thanks!

Inbox me.

even if you import the parts?

Thats sounds like an inverter otherwise we can authoritatively say unaisha kwa office where you have a rack mount UPS.:D:D:D:D:D

Tafuta ThinkPad X270/280 or T480

tied up kidogo will weigh in later

I’m not sure about that as i have never tried but si utapigwa tax on each item na you need about 9 parts

Smaller parts may escape the wrath of the tax man.

And please may someone write about building rayzen based machines. I like to get the experience of a villager.

UPDATE:

I have seen some guys asking how much it’d cost to import, well, including myself. So, I reached out to Kentex Cargo, who help import goods to Kenya from US and Europe(I think)

Here is a quote they sent me for the list created by @Deorro

[ATTACH]234117[/ATTACH][ATTACH]234118[/ATTACH][ATTACH]234119[/ATTACH][ATTACH]234120[/ATTACH]

(Click to open full images)

So, that is a quote from Kentex, a thirdparty. I am sure they would make the shipping less stressful but not sure if the prices are reasonable. I am doing research into importing for self vs the approach above but am inclined to using these guys especially since these parts are from different vendors. Anyway will update with more info.

Remarks welcome.

Na bado hazijapimwa ulipie weight.

If you want to build you’ll definitely have to source and import parts which may go over your budget and there’s always an element of failure. As a programmer i dont see any significant advantage of a Desktop over a laptop. With 100K you can get a good Thinkpad, especially the T series.

Yeah, na walisema ni 15$ per KG. Totals is well over 140K

Go for a desktop. It is a hundred times better than a laptop, no debate. People who are saying a laptop is better are lying to you, especially the guy suggesting a gaming laptop. I have owned a gaming laptop before and I can assure you, overheating will become an issue if you’re a power user. A powerful laptop has power packed in it but the cooling system is very inferior which will soon lead to degradation. A desktop comes with adequate cooling and much cheaper in the long run if you need to upgrade. It’s as simple as swapping a specific part, not so with a laptop. A 100K desktop is much more powerful than a 100K laptop. Whichever route you choose, avoid local buyers like plaque.

the laptop can never beat the desktop due to cooling capability and the ability to upscale your PSU, graphics card etc… You can buy the latest-greatest processor as long as it supports your motherboard architecture. Even a standard ci7 5th gen desktop with good ram and a gtx1050 beats most gaming laptops hands down.