Important fact about Churchill Show..

Thanks you all now we in consensus that indeed that show is a comedy show so in principle you can only complain about the comedic content being shit, but you can’t stand up so and so is a silly stupid fella why is he being invited to the show. Alas it’s a comedy show. Some old man was questioning Churchill “leadership” for inviting certain guests. Bruh!

I have a magic solution if you don’t like the show, DON’T WATCH IT. That’s what smart folks like LePhilosopher do, i dont like something i simply dobt tune ti it. Poof magic.

Swahili has an extensive vocabulary but for most Kenyans ,the jokes would be lost in translation since they speak sheng .

You remember the time Jamii Forums was shut by their govt, walikuja huku. Guess what was the most common complaint by us kenyans? Headache.
People here were so fed up with the excess kiswahili, kila siku woooi kichwa inauma. Mara ooh get this guys out of the main forum.
Sembuse stand-up comedy? I think kenyans would revolt against Churchill. :smiley: The only semblance of a pure language in Kenya is our individual mother tongues.

If Churchill and his gang of comedians spoke 100% English, they would be considered “uppity, out of touch with the common mwananchi.” If the show was mostly in sheng, it would sound ghetto and low class; not to mention sheng is not standardized.’
As long as we don’t have a full grasp of one language in its entirety, that the whole country speaks fluently and often; the comedy industry as a nation will continue facing challenges.

Angalia watu kama Harmonize na Diamond Platinumz. Why are they successful all over africa and the world? Language, number one. Sadly, Sheng ruined our collective imagination and creativity; our artistes produce garbage songs like Taka Taka (literally), Matakoo, Nyonyo…smh

Papa Shirandula, Mshamba, TRHK. The stupidity exhibited in the first two makes them tick. Househelps of Kawangware mi huiwatch juu ya hao madamsels wenye mattercore ya kusafisha mesho…na ujinga ya Shitii of cos.:D:D
Auntie Boss pia haiko mbaya saana…the relatable ufisi shown by …that guy…boyfriend ya Mama Kyle…whats his name BTW?, and the stupidity of the mboch, Shiro.
Recently, i have come to like Varshita coz of the African connection displayed by Baba & Mama Donovan.#

Naziwatchingi saa ile another person is watching, otherwise mi ni mtu wa stuff za Discovery na Sony Max

haiya this shit bado iko kwa tv?

So do you think a Tanzanian comedian would be funnier? They have a mastery of the language, after all. And how about a comedian from the Coast. The Swahili from Mombasa is the purest. It puts Tanzanians to shame.
But I saw a American comedian critique African comedy. He actually performed with some on the road. He implied that they use “stock” jokes. That is , they pick a fact and then make a joke around that fact. This is an old way of comedy. Very rudimentary. Its almost like Chris Rock in nursery school. A comedian has to add his personality around a joke. Bernie Mack wasn’t necessarily funny, but just telling a story would get the audience laughing even before he gets to the middle of the story. He even said it. It’s just how you tell a story sometimes.
Comedy has an artistic factor to it. Language expression is just a small part. A good comedian would repeat some of those same jokes and be way funnier than Churchill guys. It takes a lot of preparation and creativity to do it.
To be honest and fair , a few of the guys on that show actually have talent. They come up short on the performance side, but they have the talent. It’s not well nurtured.

But if you critique the comedians they’ll bring up all manner of hashtags saying how you don’t support local talent