Internet providers (zuku and others not available)

Around 7-9k hapo. Was going for 8.5k late last year.

nataka tu wireless internet.

Kama unatoa net mbali then you will need two or more of those…then uweke kwa router na upate your wireless.
Kama uko na net kwako na unataka iwe Wisp(wireless internet acess) then unaconfigure as such but itaenda short distance at the angle of the M2.
That M2 is necessary where there is no provider or you intend to become one…otherwise kama uko na net and you intend to increase sharing capacity or strength, then kuna other better options

nataka kutoa net from a provider, max distance 5km

Nimechoka na gotv,nataka provider yenye iko na net kiasi na movies, I’m not a heavy user,advice gani na pesa ngapi hadi installation.

zuku

To cover that distance effectively you will need two ubiquiti powerbeams each going for 10k. I would recommend the 5ghz type for your distance.
Two sectors going for about 20k each would be a guarantee. Iyo powerbeam you need to test first.

now you guys are talking today. there is a thread i had posted here before inquiring on a suitable platform to manage the bandwidth, cost and device identification used by ISPs to manage their customers. anyone with an idea? I had tried Antamedia and it’s giving me issues. Then MyHotspot is quite expensive.

check out dd-wrt it is a custom firmware for routers , but the router has to be supported ndio uweze kuinstall

Are microtik range supported?

check here http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices

Range ya power beam should be 20+km for 5km Nano inatosha. By the way nani ametumia Telrad products hapa? Is the near line of sight worth it?

Iyo nanobeam ya 20+km na station umesema hapo juu umetest? Unajua kuna factors ya range kama terrain na onsight buildings?

Was quoting what they say on the adverts. Didn’t know the signal interference could reduce the range that much. What about the ubiquiti rocket? Hiyo they say range of a 100km. Would you happen to have used it?

Range ya rocket is 50+km, and for it to work flawlessly it needs an open terrain (bila milima) free of obstructions like ukambani.
Iyo rocket lazima utafutie a strong antenna, hata afathali nanobeam. Halafu how do you expect radio ya 10k iende 100km?
For your 100km (nai to naivasha), you will need tall masts on top of mountains ama tall buildings kama zile za safcon and you will need four of them to cover that distance

I have tried them bro…they work best in bungalow estates and worst in apartments. Ocha inaweza work powa coz of few highrise buildings na obstructions (trees and the need to go thru congestions aka concrete walls)

Kuna kadhaa