Is it a good idea for someone in the diaspora to come back home for good?

As much as I can smell the tribal undertones check out this video You can learn something from them…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxYeYYZQXpQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YH_ci48aPs

Wode Maya has many videos of people who returned from abroad

Umenimalisa:D

What you are doing where you are and how you feel about it and your daily life should be the basis of your decision. If in europe doing zero contract cleaning jobs where you wake up at 5, just save some money and come back home, though it is hard to save anyway. People here saying you should not come back are those who think life for everybody majuu is milk and honey. To some yes, others may be struggling. But many people come home not because of money factors but because it is lonely out there for a negro. People like being surrounded by those they know

You like numbers that have 10’s. 100m networth, $100k…… Many people retire in Bidenstan with less than $50k cash. This is after a 40 year career. How exactly you expect someone to have $100k as a bare minimum is beyond comprehension.

Well arrange for the job from majuu. Everyone has that final year prep time. Use it to start making calls and connections. In fact consider going to another 3rd world country if the opportunity arises. Then you can transition to Kenya. I have seen people move to Ghana, Nigeria, Phillipines…then head home. I agree tarmacking is a horrible idea.

People seem to think that majuu you earn but you dont spend, no expenses.

Again, here we go with the “many people” excuse. If you don’t have at least $100k, what’s the point of coming back?? What have you been doing in America for all those years?? If you can’t make that amount in a first world country, in 5+ years, you obviously have a problem and wouldn’t make it here either. Huku ni scorched earth.

Nimetumia $100k as a basic round figure and a bare minimum. What was the point of leaving Kenya and working abroad for 5+ years if you have nothing to show for it when coming back?? Si ungebaki tuu huku.

I agree you have a point about not leaving kenya if you cannot make good money wherever you are going. Uprooting your life should be accompanied by commensurate returns either immediately or in the short term. BUT, many people do not know how things will turn out. So, you cant blame them

You can blame them and the answer is in bold. If he did not realize the returns early, he should have returned e.g a year is enough time to estimate whether its worth staying abroad or not. Lakini kurudi after 5+ years bila pesa is inexcusable.

If I went to the USA and in the first year didn’t have at least $20k saved despite my best efforts (assuming I was a bachelor in his early or mid 20s), I would just return. Why? The risk isn’t worth the reward.

Fanya kazi majuu and secure your pension first. Rudi home kuishi na kujivinjari sio kusumbuana na kazi ama biashara. Case example ona wale waitaliano na wa jeru wanaishi Diani and other coastal region. They come leave there for a few months wanarudi majuu health check up alafu wanaendeleka kukula pension yao pamoja na kunguru za Kenya.

Hapa I agree with you. If you are in the Anglosphere (UK, US, Aus, Can and somehow NZ) and Western Europe, you can easily make $10k per year if you really want to. There are a lot of opportunities to milk especially in this age of things going remote. Let’s say from your day job you are remaining with like $300 after fulfilling everything, you can earn atleast another $300 online by doing one or two tasks which would take you like 1 or 2 hours because nothing is geoblocked like vumbistan. With extra discipline and dedication sioni any reason why you can’t have $10k + in your savings account. Well unless your mission to those countries was different.

Pension in some countries is after age 64-67 years! That is a long time. But you can make money and retire

99.9% chance you won’t have $20k in cash after one year. Highly likelihood you won’t even have it after three. USA is a lot more complicated than that. It’s takes 3-5 years for someone to settle, starting from scratch. Do you think that if you land at LaGuardia Airport in NYC tonite, you will be working by Monday at a Bank with your Stats degree from Egerton? Brazza, you may be in for a rude shock.

I would imagine it takes time to settle in a foreign country. $10k saving per annum for a new immigrant sounds like building castles in air.

Not always… you can choose to retire early and get your pension as long as you have lived in most countries for more than 10 years. If you had a good job and retire like when you are 55 or 60 na pension ya $5000 per month huhitaji kujisimbua na biashara.

Kuishi majuu and per year you make $10k in saving you are under performing. That’s peanuts no offence. You can do 10k easily in a few months . That is kama Wewe sio illegal and have a decent job .

Don’t know why you engage that “Mr. Know it all”.

I don’t think he’s even visited the US as a tourist for a few weeks. :D:D:D

Where you take folks out who’ve landed for the first time to lunch or dinner and it’s $20 - $25 per person and their mental forex calculator kicks into overdrive and high gear. :D:D:D

True…especially with covid most companies are now open to remote workers. Unakula check mzuri which allows u to pursue other interests.

It’s possible but what there are very many factors that affect that. As a black, you can’t go and live anywhere fwaaa. Lazima you seek the most optimum place ever and it’s mainly cities and cities tend to be expensive asf.