Is Kenya really developing?

How comes Kibaki’s infrastructure development had a direct impact on poverty whereas Uhuru’s projects do the opposite?

Kibaki finished the Northern bypass and immediately thereafter dozens of businesses sprung up along that route including Kamakis and numerous hardwares and supermarkets.

Just a few miles away Uhuru finished the outer ring road and hundreds of businesses died?

Jibu hio and you have found your answer @Lonely Lover .

:D:D:D Pliz. Let us not say you vote Kuvutha Kibwana. Let us just say you vote Ruto and leave it at that. Hiyo ingine ni pang’ang’a za ovyo.

Kenya is full of young people…I think 60% are below 35 or something like that. People who can speak English…and feel proud of speaking it well for that matter. People who have access to information.

Bad choices are still choices and people will reap. It’s not long ago that I was a student in campus and I hated the tribal politics among “us learned individuals”. Funny thing is, most of us got hit by unemployment or poorly-paying jobs immediately after we stepped out of school.

I empathize with us but ultimately…we have to be proud of our poor choices…and suck it up when the economy reminds us of our choices.

One cannot put it any better. Na bado. Wale tutakuwa kwa ballot box 2022, kila mtu atapigia tribe, pamoja na hao wanaitwa wako na “access to information”.

What i meant is that our vote is like a drop of water in the ocean…it won’t change anything… Even if i abstain from voting you can easily predict what will happen

:smiley: I know what you mean. I am just putting it to you that you will vote your tribe. Whatever other chieth you pretend to say is just shenanigans.

This is an argument you will not win.

How is Kivutha different? He is a politician like the rest.

:smiley: Kivutha is different because Kaos will vote for him, and anyone who tries to sell you some cock and bull story about how Kivutha is better is probably a Kao.

I didn’t want even tow waste time describing him. For me i find him a sycophant. He has been the one on frontline dancing and championing the BBI whatever which we all know has got no benefit to mwananchi. Why should we trust such a person who with presidency who cannot stand for whats is right and necessary at all?

His development is not driven by the stomach but rather helping the hoi polloi just like Kibaki.

So not every infrastructure development is good or is done with a clean conscience . When that development is driven by greed it only feeds the leader in charge and not the ordinary people e.g SGR, Turkana oil, most Jubilee roads etc.

For instance Kibaki’s planned SGR was the one that went to Isiolo and onward to Turkana. A network that was to link Northern Kenya to the rest of Kenya.

Uhuru’s SGR was the rail to nowhere! Well mainly to his farm in Naivasha.

Kivutha Kibwana was important to the Kibaki administration so his policies would probably be a continuation of Kibaki style policies. We have also seen his work in Makueni geared at developing the ordinary mwananchi as well as the local industries.

That is the kalenjin in you talking. Ruto was secretary general of KANU 2005 and Uhuru was chairman? Ama? (I forget) Heheheeee… A KANU psychophant. Halafu later he told Uhuru that if he supported Kibaki, he will be in the opposition because Raila was going to win…A Raila psychophant, and then he broke ranks and became a Uhuru Kenyatta psychophant. And we all know Kivutha was a Kibaki’s psychophant, and later a Raila psychophant. They are all psychophants. All that matters is what tribe you are.

Am sorry to say this, but that fruit factory is currently a white elephant.

And where have i said Ruto is an angel who is good that deserves the president. I have said multiple times here Ruto is just like other leaders. Failed leadership. Only that 2022 will be a choice of a better devil. Dyanasties vs commoners thieves. I have said i better have a commoner thief to Dyanasties because if dynasties win it means enslavement forever by three families

Another person from another tribe when they say the word psychophant, they would start with Ruto and then proceed to Kivutha. And if it was a Kao writing, they would definitely support that position…for obvious reasons. I am just putting it to you that there is no way whatever you are saying can be seen outside your tribal leanings. Because as Kenyans, we know that is the denominator.

@T.Vercetti sijui hatupatani wapi…minaona we are saying the same thing. Read my first post…prioritise the people ahead of the physical infrastructure.
Halafu sazingine ecomomics and social science theories and many other topics can have as many interpretations and answers as there are debators…its about enjoying conversation and listening to other peoples trains of thought…it aint about winning the arguement coz your opponent pia atakuambia wewe yo
Its the people that create the development working together and not vice versa just like @Regis2812 @langatkipro @magazine @Simiyu22 all agree (msinyamazie in the back ground back me up) hata sisi hapa home tumeletewa some infrastructure but people are still illetrate backward and not benefitting from the development ni goods and services of the rich by the rich for the rich that are seamlessly flowing…making the rich richer like alot of people are saying includinh you @T.Vercetti. Maskini ataendelea tu kula kwa macho.

I am not sure what the benefit of that SGR would have been. Northern Kenya is vast. Where exactly in Northern Kenya would SGR extract value? My knowledge of that region is limited.

Due to covid ama mismanagement /korapshon?

Kovid has played a role, I met the manager breifly some weeks ago and he said something to that effect. But ukweli ni kwamba hiyo factory haichukui produce ya watu wa Makueni county vile inavyotarajiwa.

And he just added a second factory in March this year :

Makueni: Governor Kibwana adds second fruit processing line at Kalamba factory - Tuko.co.ke