Is marriage/getting married an achievement in life?

then what happened? Or you killed it trying to sound hip?

2 Likes

getting married is not an achievement, but a rather a conduit to accomplish some goals in life.

Marriage is never an achievement unless you get married to a good woman. It becomes an achievement when the amalgamation between the man and the woman builds a mutually successful life. Being single is lonely but it beats getting married to the wrong woman.

14 Likes

Almost got married, and to be honest I feel like I dodged a bullet. I am better off alone, and luckily I have a family that understands and respects my decision as a confirmed bachelor. Marriage is not for everyone, especially when there are repressive laws, heavy servings of b.s and loss of freedom. For a guy like me there aren’t enough incentives to get married, instead, the risks outweigh the rewards by a mile.
Also, why buy the cow when I kamua the milk for free?

Reminds me of my old man who can’t respect a man who isn’t married, a “boy” (kivisi). In his generation, they used to marry mainly as a matter of social status, competition and pressure from parents for grandchildren. Ati chunga usiachwe na marafiki, ati tutakufa kabla tuone wajukuu etc. Mpaka kutafutiwa mke upende usipende. Which IMO is nonsense. As long as sisumbui mtu, kila mtu amind own business.

1 Like

Marriage its not an achievement. I am not married, but i consider it sometimes important depending on where you come from. We are approval junkies by nature. You cannot escape that regardless of your Alpha level. You marry just as you wear clothes. To fit in. Wearing clothes is not an achievement, but being social organism, man of modern times must wear clothes. How long can you go without clothes in your daily routine even if it were legal to go nude?

With the level of whoring currently going on, many will come up with all sort of excuses on the negativity of marriage to justify their tool generosity…depending on the expectations prior to marriage and the reality after, marriage becomes the best or the worst desishen one made…people want the benefits tied to marriage while at the same time maintain their singledom flexibility without paying the price of either

3 Likes

Marriage is not for everyone!

I see it from an evolutionary perspective only you get to have kids , ensure continuity of your bloodline and have kids in a setting that ensures that they will be well taken care of somehow Two adults to take care of them ( though that is not always guaranteed)

PRO’S

1. Kids in family environment.( not guaranteed)
  2. Regular Sex ( not guaranteed )
  3. Someone to take care of you in old age (not guaranteed)

Seems nothing is guaranteed here :eek:

CON’S

1. Additional responsibilities ( for the man)
  2. Sex with one woman for the rest of your life ( as per the terms n conditions)
  3. Little freedom to do as you want

The benefits are immense my friend, they surpass what you have highlighted above

2 Likes

Auto correct killed it

2 Likes

It’s a stage in life

cheza chini

2 Likes

It’s for someone who has found a suitable companion or someone who is ready for commitment. A person who is pessimistic about marriage is better off alone.

Educate me then, I couldn’t find a single benefit that’s guaranteed

1 Like

Ya mrs kiragu,
Georgie’s
Mr ofwa?

I did for the kids part, hizo zingine sijui true love, sijui making love ama companionship is total rubbish, consider its 4 years down my life sentence,and am 29.
The best part is when am holding a warm beer with my son asking “dumb” questions na wife akipika chapos , a faint smell of boilo ikitoka,
Deepends on what your objectives are, if its sex, its definately not something worth writing home about

4 Likes

Leta thread… lots of wankers here think its pusay & narivana when you get hitched

Sex and expeling kids from the birth canal is not an achievement. It is a choice to get married.

WORD!!!

Unless you wake up and appreciate the finer things in your institution it’s doomed. Sex, marriage, attitude are unquantifiable just as when you start measuring your achievements against others as your barometer you will never be content.

1 Like