Is Ruto Uhuru's close political ally?

Kenyan politics is a use-and-dump game. It is cutthroat. We see this time and time again with all our political players and this is even more glaring with our major political players. Lets take a look at Raira as an example of the kind of politics kenyans play since he is the oldest and has been through the most.

Raira
This guy has seen it all, from trying to kick out moi in the 1982 coup, to joining ford under his late father, to battling friend-turned-foe wamalwa kijana for the ford chairmanship, to working with the very man he tried to overthrow I.e moi, to destrying KANU from within. To having talks with nyachae then turning round and saying “kibaki tosha”. To battling kibaki for the next term then working again with kibaki . To having Ruto as a close ally in 2007 then dumping him… the list is endless.

Ruto is no better. If u read is climb to political prominence, he has played a lot of politicians to get to where he is.

Given this background, my take on the current situation is that the UhuRaila partnership is real. Not because they luv each other, but because their political stars have aligned. Neither wants to see Ruto as next president. Kenyatta also possibly wants to remain important in govt post 2022 and raira wants the presidency and has always wanted a parliamentary system of govt because he knows his tribal base I.e kenyan luos isnt numerous enough to win. Luos btw are probably the most numerous community in East Africa but unfortunately for Rao, when our borders were drawn, they were split between the 3 East African countries.

The upcoming referendum may allow both uhuraila to realize their dream. Post 2022, Ruto may this time become a close ally of Rao just as he was in 2007. Or, if Ruto wins by some miracle, Rao may become a close ally of his.

Kenyan politics is what it is.

Ruto ni mwizi. Thread closed.

Yes, he is. When was the last time you saw a heated exchange with people from the opposition based on tribe. Personally, I can not remember such an occurence. Today debates are based on issues like corruption not tribe.

You mean Uhuru ni mtoto wa mama?