Isn't a business like Bonfire Adventures effectively dead ?

Where is that projection? Weka screenshot. I want to see it.

People’s urge to move around is unfathomable and if you have money its worse thats why even with lockdown people cant be held down. So for the birrioneas and highflyers ,they cant wait to explore the next land. I too cant wait to travel:D

He renovated a whole floor in some building ready for a killing. The lease and renovation cost him several millions, and now he is staring at a shell and huge losses.
The problem with successful business, just like shit attracting flies, is that they attract parasites called banks, giving you very easy Ts and Cs.
But when the fan hits the shit, they turn against you like a snake.
Bonfire have loans, huge loans. The fact that recovery is nowhere in sight as @Purple said, this is giving the couple a nightmare.

Business and essential travel will slowly recover but not luxury/holiday travels which is what they were offering.People want to recover financially and going to Watamu or Diani will be last on many people’s minds .

I recall. This was a big blunder but no one knew what the pandemic would bring forth.

Did he buy or did he lease?

But people are also swearing on this pandemic and saying that if and when it ends, they will travel and shop in a big way to compensate for the freedom and pleasure that the scourge has denied them.

What will also do them in is their business model .For them to offer 60K Dubai holidays ,they prebook flights and hotel rooms months in advance at a discount and later sell them wanapata margin yao .Ongeza overheads and I’m sure the losses are unimaginable .

I think it was a lease

Baresi, gazeti… hizi handle zako si ni mingi.

Who…

Even if a cure is found, business will still be too slow to open.

Another 21 days added will be the last nail on most businesses.

Tanzanians seem to have a grip on the situation, it’s wiser for alot of people to die than the economy collapsing.

Watch carefully how we are overtaken

Many people

True people are missing going out and things they loved to do but what will be important to most people is to get back to pre-covid financial position .
Wewe ni holiday utaenda Diani ama ni kufikiria vile savings zitaongezeka ?
Businesses like Bonfire that provide non essential services will be the last ones to recover .

I now concur with this idea. It’s better to risk the lives of a few and ensure the economy doesn’t crash. Otherwise, a crashed economy will bring chaos and problems which will kill more people.

Big blunder right there.
In some lease contract you have to occupy the premises for the entire lease period, mostly 5 to 10 years. Hefty penalties accrue if you decide to pull out.
I hope he had a fall back plan.

Of course

How about a century of experience ? Thomas Cook- a travel company over 100 years old- collapsed the other day and is now forgotten. Kabu might have run the business for 12 years but there is no escaping the effects of Covid-19 .
They provide a non essential service that will only recover if economies start growing and a cure for Covid-19 is found .
He might have a flat here and there but that will only guarantee his family’s survival not Bonfire’s.

That’s the most logical decision to be made, otherwise the loss of jobs will be in great numbers, recovery will take another 20yrs plus we will have most people dead. Double tragedy

Watu wana pesa kaka