It's over... I can feel the peace that death brings now

Which part of Luo land are you from?

Yaani uncle anasumbua namna hivyo…Uncles and aunties are meant to give money sio kudai.
Kudos for popping in when you were needed.
Your small bro tops it all for calling you at the hour of dire need.Suppose he never called you,so many things would have gone wrong

We can only speculate what was his real motive but burdening interest on that cash seems to have been a move to squeeze the blood out of your fam… But people forgive family especially for such small amounts and you know the guys can’t afford to pay back…
Surely blood line and family doesn’t really matter, it’s only character that does…

You must be very cold like that guy,how on earth do you heap such kind of interest on a relative.This guy paid up the money the guy gave out.
Are you in the same kind of business

I dont believe it can sum up to that. Huo ni wizllFor one, that’s an unimaginable interest rate, and two, I bet there should be some limit to the accrued interests.

You missing the point… he didn’t really help, but brought more miseries to the family. His was a business and he did it a business. if he didn’t give the loan, elsewhere, wangepata at better terms. I never regret that he wasn’t paid… I liked it that way, I gave him 7k and that was enough, more than what he gave out

Revenge served very cold…

If they could get better terms elsewhere, why did they not go there?

You are missing that the guy eventually wrote the debt off yet he is happy because he died.

Tena he is saying they used to kill neighbours dogs, that means something

What misery? He eventually wrote it off and still you are not grateful for that

If you have ever read this guy’s story, you could have realized the guy is a legendary savage. He once narrated how he tricked a highschool girl to his hostel room and used her for a week. Of course assisted by his criminal friend

In my community we say micii ni ndogo (manyumbani ni moshi)
Its clear from his story the two families never got along.
To avoid all the altercation mentioned in the hekaya,the monied uncle would have written off the debt having seen the struggle they were going through to pay up.It was clear they did not have the money.For Such amount one can declare it a bad debt and forget it,
Why would he want a family to sell off their land over such debt.What would have happened after that.Lot of things would have gone wrong.
The uncle was the big man but did not stand to be counted

There is money, riches and finally wealth. A fool and his money… All the riches in the world… Finally whoever seeks wisdom cannot be evaded by wealth.

We have very little information to conclude anything. We have a one sided story from a partisan and a savage. For instance, we do not know how many other times they have refused to pay. This is a possibility because the guy eventually did forego the interest, meaning that his intention was to make them pay the debt fast because of the high interest rate.

I don’t like shylocks, but your attitude stinks. I just hope you made up this hekaya coz if this is how you are in real life, utabaki maskini kama wazazi wako. I also suspect that guy wasn’t your actual uncle but some very distant relative.

Having said that, now that umejigamba hivyo, what if he’d used his money to have your folks arrested? Ungeuza nini ndio uwatoe, na ushachukua Mshwari na ukauza coocoo? Alafu juu ulirusha mchanga mpaka ikavunja kioo (allegedly), mwenda zake aliumia aje? He’s dead, he doesn’t care. But most likely people saw the glee on your face as you did that, and you may approach some of them in the future for help.

Wewe inakaa unatoka zile familia haziezi saidika. You say all the bad things that have been done to you but don’t reveal the evil you’ve done.

Heneway, like I said, I hope it’s just a twisted story.

it can only be revenge if the other party feels it. He is dead, he feels and sees nothing. That we are all going to die means death cannot be a form of revenge

True,I get where you are coming from.The uncle would not have just reacted like that out of nowhere.Something must have led him to it to the extent of taking his folks to court.
Mhhh leaves a lot to ponder

Not to support the OP but the law dictates that accrued interest can only be up to 100% of the principle. Anything above that ni wizi.
ION, going to relatives ukiwa juu ya mawe is the biggest fuck ups one can do. I learnt this the bitter way ile siku biz ilianguka miguu juu.

He does not say why for 15 months his parents never paid even a coin back. They had those chickens to sell and pay, however little

Kwetu you’ll become an outcast pulling such dishonorable stunts.In the event i get like real rich and someone in my immediate clan in in a real fix such as a health emergency I would be expected to settle it naturally.I might not even know the guy but provided i can afford to do so and he’s from my clan i will do it without issues and not being compelled.In return now in my peasant days if am ever in a bad fix God forbid, am sure some billionaire that I don’t even know well enough will settle the matter.