James May and Richard Hammond Refuse To Film ‪Topgear‬ Without Jeremy...

If you had two auto car garage sales, gave one to Chris Harris and the other to Jeremy, i wouldn’t be surprised if Jeremy had twice the number of sales in a month more than Harris. And it won’t be because Jeremy said anything better than Harris, in fact am pretty sure Harris would have detailed the car to the chassis to his customers. But it comes down to how they presented them and not what they presented. You see, like I mentioned earlier, if you never got what top gear was all about you may find it useless. First of all, when you watching it, you should have an open mind like you would while watching Russell Peters’ stand ups. Secondly, you should understand that they never get into details about a car so as to give you good information about the car. I mean they will present the car and let you make the final judgment about it. They rather give you a mental picture of the whole car and it’s capabilities that you may recall for the rest of your life than give you hardcore facts about an engine of a car that you may forget the next minute you are asked about it. The reason they will take a Nissan gtr, a BMW and a Bentley all they way to Australia to run around a farm rather than open their hoods in their top gear garage in UK. And you guys the point about marketing is wrong on my opinion.

Marketing is more of a result from their work AND NOT the reason for their work. If you can make a millionaire choose between a luxury car like a maserati quattroporte, a porsche panamera or a Aston Martin rapid without making them doze off in the next 3/4 of an hour; if you can make an old man choose a suitable car in a nutshell or make a guy who has never ever driven a car to be fully interested in cars in just one show, won’t companies and organisations follow you for marketing? You see its from how they have done their presentation that makes them marketable. So just coz someone is a petrol - head and doesn’t see what he wants to see from the show makes the program any less an autocar show. I know across the globe of car fanatics who sit down to watch the show every weekend.

3 Likes

Davidee, that’s the problem. Remember, these guys are comedians and whenever they have a chance to bash on a car, they will…and very hard. So its usually up to the viewer to understand what was a joke and what was not.

[ATTACH=full]2217[/ATTACH] and on that bombshell…

2 Likes

Hapo umenena kaka.:slight_smile:

And on that bombshell we end the show. Rarely did he fail to use those words at every episode’s end.

1 Like

Ile ya Kenya inaitwaje? tukue patriotic :-). :slight_smile:

Autovault… Wanakazana tu i can’t knock their husle.

Autovault no better.