jkuat launches the first Kenyan-made laptop

Alafu tuwatch aje movies za cd kwa bed …mmmmh

This product doesn’t warrant the presence of a cabinet secretary or a vice chancellor of a leading university during it’s launch. It’s not an innovative product. It’s a “me too” product at best with a tacky logo which summarizes the whole production process. Kenyan’s love stylish things that come at a bargain-just look at the mobile phone, laptop or TV markets. This product is nowhere near stylish, is not competitively priced and is likely to be accompanied by very poor customer service. I predict it will be as reliable as those shaina products but at a premium price. And btw Kenyans are ready to assemble locally branded products however there are little incentives from the government and we’ve seen companies like land Rover close assembly plants. South Africa has incentivized local and international companies that are willing to assemble or manufacture products within it’s borders.

1 Like

That taifa dummy is as expensive as the ENIAC!

1 Like

Fellow africans, Im afraid to say with that kind of pessism we are beyond help

1 Like

If they had prized it competitively, or incorporated an in-built modem, or used a hybrid system to power it (solar/electricity) then I would consider it innovative. People are going to buy it out of patriotism or sheer hyperbole of course led by the government (which is a good thing). But any logical Kenyan looking to buy a laptop and values his money will skip it in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Watch them off a flash disc my dear…but the bed is for making movies not watching them :p;)