Jonah Anguka And The Ouko Murder Mystery

gigo

GIGO

gigo

ukweli usemwe. he is dead and cannot sue us(which strangely happened to be his favourite past-time)

The following is a more condensed version of the narrative. The first one was being directly typed minus edits and contextualization:

Kenyans continue to remain perplexed by the Ouko murder mystery in large measure as a result of the dogmatic attribution to a Moi and Biwott conspiracy, while ignoring Ouko’s real life and death problems much closer to his own Nyanza province. Jonah Anguka is perceived as the sacrificial lamb or patsy, and looked upon as a scape goat in an elaborate conspiracy with Moi and Biwott in the drivers seat. 3 reasons quickly bring into question this assessment as you shall see:

1. Kisumu Molasses Plant Fiasco: That Biwott was implicated in a corrupt scheme to extract kickbacks on the project and actively blocked Ouko’s progress on the project in retribution for failed kickbacks. This has been established to be total nonsense. Evidence here is almost entirely from Marianne Briner-Mattern and Domenico Airaghi, and their BAK group. It turns out Airaghi was a fugitive conman wanted in Milan at the time, Marianne Briner a pathological liar and self-proclaimed slut to climb, and BAK group a phony chimera. It was further established Detective Troon did not read the Molasses File, which detailed the project, before submission of his final reaport, and instead relied on the “good faith” of Marianne and Airaghi. These were fraudsters and the whole fiasco a heap of rubbish.
  2. Washington Trip Row: This is a strong favorite of many manufactured by Ouko’s estranged Brother Barrack Mbajah, who along with the guy he partnered in peddling the story, was not on the trip. It was suggested Ouko so impressed the Westerners, that Bush met Ouko privately much to the chagrin of Biwott, and that the Western Leaders were strongly gunning for Ouko as a preferable Kenyan leader. This Biwott-Ouko feud was also proven to be a myth, and especially after the public release of the detailed Bush era White House diaries of all Bush activities in 2003, that positively verified there wasn’t any meeting between Ouko and Bush. With no Biwot-Ouko feud over the trip where is the urgency to wipe out Ouko merely a week after the Washington trip?
  3. That Ouko was the most potent political threat to the Moi regime. Kenyans pour a mist of cloud over their faces to forget the obvious presence of at least 3 principals, Jaramogi Odinga, Mwai Kibaki, and Kenneth Matiba, two of which had occupied the VP spot in Kenya, and clearly more polished politicians than Ouko, but all 3 were still breathing at the conclusion of Kenya’s first Multiparty era elections in 1992. So If Ouko wasn’t such an imminent political threat, then why the urgency to execute him?

Additionally, if Ouko was going to prepare a dossier for high level graft, would he be so naive as to implicate the likes of Biwott, given the presumed close relationship between Biwott and Moi, and what from Ouko did Moi himself really fear? Ouko’s real threats were much closer to his own Nyanza province and his killers predominantly from his own home front of Nyanza. Barrack Mbajah, Ouko’s estranged brother, Jonah Anguka the then Nakuru DC, and Hezekiah Oyugi the feared PS of Ministry of Internal Security were key persons of interest. Barrack Mbajah was some Deputy DC or the likes in about 1986, and had his eyes set on the PC office, but got transferred to the Attorney Generals Office, a move he greatly opposed, and engaged Ouko, his brother who was then Minister of Industry to help reverse his move, but that did not happen, because supposedly Barrack concluded that Ouko had his own eyes on that PC seat and therefore failed to help him, and a dangerous feud was instantiated that lasted to Ouko’s death. In fact Mrs. Ouko had to make a plea through her sister-in-law, Barrack’s wife to have a talk with the husband, to stop speaking evil of Ouko during his funeral proceedings. Barrack won over his brother Collins in the feud, and it was a serious affair, with Collins at some point threatening to reduce the mom to pieces as she was perceived to be on Ouko’s side. Barrack in fact industriously campaigned against his brother Ouko in the 1988 elections for the Kisumu MP seat, for Joab Omino, Ouko’s great political opponent, and Ouko tenuously won the seat with less than a 2000 count election victory. Jonah Anguka was Nakuru DC from mid 1980s to early 1990s, and his wife Susan Anguka, was then personal Assistant to the Foreign Affairs Minister Dr. Robert Ouko. One can quickly see how this status quo could quickly turn deadly for a real or perceived affair between Ouko and Mrs. Anguka. Jonah Anguka literally invited himself to the very altar of the Ouko murder investigation, so much so that he in fact forced the investigation team to pursue him, and assign the plausible motive of a love triangle between Jonah, Ouko, and Mrs. Anguka. Jonah Anguka was present, inexplicably, at all the following events related to the Ouko murder mystery. At what point did John Anguka stop being Nakuru’s DC and instead became an investigator?

Ouko had a minor car accident between Kericho and Kisumu few days before his demise, and many friends and relatives called or visited him in solidarity, and as such a good friend and neighbor of Ouko, Jonah Anguka was conspicuously absent from any of these lists. So much for brotherly love, plus the dead after all don’t tell any tales.
Anguka had covered 270KM and excess fuel that he could not account for during the 1990 Feb 12/13 time frame, and on the morning Ouko died, 13 Feb 1990, he arrived at his home at 5AM, was two hours late for duty to arrive at 9AM, a very rare occurrence in Anguka’s career, and tried to coerce the AP Officers assigned for his security to lie that he had been home all night in all the evenings in the week leading up to Ouko’s death, this despite his arrival at 5AM on 13th Feb, the morning Ouko died. >He was in Koru area close to Ouko’s home on 15th Feb, one day before Ouko’s body was discovered with no good explanation. >He was at the Ouko murder scene on 16th Feb, at the foot of Got Alila 2.8 KM from Ouko’s Koru home within 2 hours of Ouko’s body’s discovery. Ouko’s body was said to have undergone significant fire damage to the torso area, more so on the back than the front, but that the face, not much affected by the flames, distinctly identified the body as that of Dr. Robert Ouko for those who knew him.
He was present at Ouko’s Koru home to receive and relay ever so insensitively the news of Ouko’s demise to Mrs. Ouko, she immediately fainted in grief and was scolded by furious officers that witnessed the event, for such recklessness, and really a blatant projection of his true feelings for Ouko.
At what point did it become Jonah Anguka’s prerogative as Nakuru’s DC to call Mr. Oyugi, the Internal Security PS, to inform him of Ouko’s demise?
He was present for the initial examination of Ouko’s murder site by the government Pathologist at the Murder scene.
Was present for Ouko’s first autopsy by the government pathologist,
Was at JKIA on 21 Feb for the arrival of the Scotland Yard team, that included Detective John Troon and Forensic Pathologist Ian West.
He introduced the Scotland Yard team to Hezekiah Oyugi then the feared PS for the Ministry of Internal Security. >He was present during Ouko’s second autopsy performed by Dr. Ian West. >He was present with Detective Troon during the search of Ouko’s safe to retrieve some files pertaining to a dossier Ouko may have been working with at the time of his death.
Shortly after Ouko’s death Anguka made an impromptu request for an urgent matter to follow up on in Nairobi, at none other than the offices of Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ouko’s place of work, with no sensible explanation for that.
He shoved to the side a hard working man assigned the specific job of acting as interpreter, and planted himself as Selina Were’s interpreter during her interview on the Ouko Murder Mystery. Selina Were was the maid to the Ouko family and took care of the house when the Ouko’s were on travel, and she was the one person who witnessed most closely the abduction of Ouko from his Koru home, with her official testimony limited to seeing the Minister spirited off his Koru compound in a white car, whose occupants she couldn’t identify. Odds are she certainly saw much more than she revealed, and indeed during a wiretap, she detailed to someone she trusted that she pinned Ouko’s murder on his estranged brother Barrack and proceeded to name the working group formed to execute that gory mission, that unsurprisingly included; Barrack himself, Jonah Anguka, Hezekiah Oyugi(generally a faithless opportunist with the power to facilitate great malfeasance), Joab Omino, amongst others. Someone likely had a chat with her on what to never reveal, and she probably complied in a very absolute way, after all, if her boss, a whole Cabinet Minister and an MP was dispatched with impunity like a dog, what of a defiant her? Of course she denied all of this in her formal interviews for very good reason.
The Ouko murder investigation team made explicit complaints of interference by Jonah Anguka, that Oyugi had to shut him up and order him back to his Nakuru DC duties. Political Assassinations: Usually for one reason or the other the incumbent government tends to get charged with the task of cover up after high profile murder cases, and this for various reasons, often leading the masses to conclude that the government was necessarily involved in the very execution, though of course that is not always the case, and this may well have happened in the Ouko case. Conclusion: At the end of the day, if you have carefully went through the foregoing, and with the 3 key myths largely debunked, really Ouko’s murder does not after all remain all that mysterious. Ouko was probably eliminated by people closer to his own home ground, followed by a wide ranging government cover up. So to you enlightened wananchi what direction would you really say, common sense dictates, is more consistent with reality?
Show less

Det. John Troon posed a very simple question. WOULD A GOVT. MINISTER BE KILLED WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE PRESIDENT ? In an era where information was tightly controlled and preying eyes everywhere, the death of a cabinet minister had to be sanctioned & blessed by higher-ups ! Do not forget that fish rots from the head down to the rest of its body.
Clearly Mr. Anguka was a small pawn in a much larger game of chess.

For whatever reason whenever I issue counter arguments to postulations some take it to be a self-reinforcing unidirectional imposition of my point of view with pronounced dogma, instead of carefully reading what is actually being said…and I always yearn for counternarratives just as verbose.
I will submit that yes indeed Ouko may have been taken out via executive order no disputes on the plausibility but more so on the actual probability…And the public has been convinced of that so many times it has almost become doctrine yet repitition will never turn a falsehood into a truism…Mine was to point out some information that was not clear in the public perspective…We would have to come forth with a good motive to explain such an order from Moi/Biwott level…It should be noted hereafter a couple of anecdotes …during the return trip from Washington, Ouko did comment in his journal of how glad he was that the Washington Trip had been so successful, and that the standings of Moi had increased dramatically after the trip, when they finally put a face to tales of a dictator with unquestionable authority…Additionally at about the time Ouko disappeared there was correspondence with Biwott then the Energy Minister in a professional if friendly tone…Ouko had spoken to Biwott about his son’s employment and Biwott was making arrrangements to set up a position for Ouko’s son upon graduation…Now if they were truly such dangerous enemies would such talk ever come up in earnest?..Biwott was a very vindictive character and I doubt he did much in the way of hiding it…It is exceedingly infinitesimal the chance he would be discussing sibling employment if such bad blood divided them…I would submit the poroposition that if 1. The true nature of Marianne and Airaghi were highlighted from the onset there would be no tale on the Molasses Saga(If you read through the detailed transcripts of the Molasses file you will be surprised just how far from reality accusations of Biwott were on this topic)…2. The manufactured Washington Row probably more than any other factor was considered to be the key to the holy grail and if that former invention by Barrack was dismissed early on and the latter by Barrack…I seriously doubt the investigation would have fall so much off course…It is also noteworthy that entities like Jonah Anguka were scarcely touched on before Troon’s 1991 Final Report, but with the benefit of hind sight’s precision he did leave Anguka as a party to be further investigated-his actions damned him and that is how Anguka came into the limelight…There was no prior “plot” to crucify Anguka from the onset; Anguka did it on his own and only started being investigated in 1992…Granted Detective Troon’s failure to effectively follow up on the family row angle left a lot to be desired, especially with the revalation over time of just how potentially apocalyptic the row might have proven. Even if we moved to propose that Ouko was working on a dossier to implicate very highly placed people in the Moi regime, would he be so naive as to the way things operated in Kenya then, that he would go and rub directly on elements very deeply planted inside Moi’s private cirle and expect any positive outcome, or risk rubbing against Moi hismself through allusion very inimically? And if we suppose Biwott was implicated by abundance of evidence against him, what such fear then would Moi have of Ouko? Now that the key motives the public relied on that I detailed are more or less debunked. …what would the motive be in light of all the information received then?..now if a coherent and detailed motive is adduced that is irrefutable it might well change the outlook and I would be very glad to hear it. …There is also the propensity to invoke the necessity of a larger conspiracy when such high profile murders occur, which though often so, this is not always the case…In Ouko’s case indubitable is the fact that overall Moi’s poltiical competition was somewhat toned down…this doesn’t automatically suggest original culpability but rather in some cases the beneficent effects may provide plenty an incentive to shield from exposure the truth…but the presence of the other 3 principals dials back the explicit necessity to out Ouko . I believe the tunnel vision in thought and fixation on Moi/Biwott is the one factor that explains why the mysteriousness of Ouko’s death ever grows with time…
I am not too sure if my memory serves me right and I will revisit it…but I remember something to the effect that Kenyatta did really like JM Kariuki and that his assassination and dumping (was it in the Ngong Forest?)was a function his inner circle, and he acquiesced if not helped to paint a cloud to constrain the case ex post facto to the realm of the mystique, despite likely having played NO role in JMs death; JMs elimination purged a festering thorn on his side with scarce input from him … One got the sense Kenyatta loved JM not unlike a Dad would a nonetheless spoilt kid, this as JM was portrayed as challenging his authority at every turn, but Kenyatta always downplayed the “danger” he posed. …Of course others will always hold Kenyatta was directly responsible through executive order, because JM’s high profile assassination begs for a convoluted conspiracy to be vindicated consistent with precedence from other similar assasinations, though scant if vacant proof appears forthcoming for this supposition contextually. Ouko’s murder may well be analogous to that script.

I guess for your sake I will always write a 2 sentence summary at the top for your consumption. You read 10 paragraphs and discerned nothing? I was able to observe just about a handful of people actually followed and coherently responded; at least you now know where to come for soporific shots when bouts of insomnia strike.

The more detailed answer is the other one I typed. For parallels go read JM Kariuki tale very closely. There are fundamental similarities.

That is the summary…the full version will incorrigibly derange your eye sockets…

1 Like

Nobody

Nobody asked you to read anything.

I was scrubbing through the thread history and this is the one with the most useless answers. So I will make a mental note of 1776 as a declaration of independence from consideration.

That might do very well for eugenics.

1 Like

you’re still here??:mad:

@sodamadiaba Not sure whether or not I had pointed this out, and also to preclude the need to flip back and forth, I will just lay it down .
There is a circularity in the argument: Ouko is a cabinet Minister>He gets Murdered>Only the top fish can authorize such a high profile “assassination” in the prevailing political environment then>Therefore, an executive order is at the minimum implied, which sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy to me QED. Actually this is part of something I was typing, the new Bush-Ouko meeting “evidence”. Detective Troon did a good job with the case in unveiling some of the fuzzed up , but simultaneously fumbled on basic due diligence expected of a top detective. Absolute attention was given to the Washington Trip and Kisumu Molasses; never mind, these factored heavily in Detective Troon’s conclusions on the motive for Ouko 's murder, that would almost certainly not have been reached, if those two key issues were properly scrutinized. For Kisumu Molasses plant, of course proved to be absolute nonsense ultimately…very explicitly implicated Biwott directly, when he had no relevance at all, and this blunder was caused by failure to read the Molasses File before issuance of the Final Report, but instead took Marianne and Airaghi’s tale as true for no good reason at all, other than they sounded like good and honest folks! Bypassing Barrack Mbajah’s effect importance went along similar lines. For the Washington trip, the secret Bush-Ouko meeting, initiated by none other than Ouko’s mortal enemy, Barrack Mbajah, started this tale, which was termed as the last nail Ouko’s coffin. Of course Bush’s White House diary, which recorded all Bush’s activities was revisited, and the meeting was entirely absent. And officials on the trip were interviewed and none was privy of an Ouko Biwott feud, unless some supranational phenomenon invited collective amnesia, and had taken hold; being tantamount to, a reductio ad absurdum for the surmise. After this tale was crushed, yet another emerged to “legitimize the Biwott Ouko feud”, and that was the “secret/off the books meeting with Bush”; that in fact Bush had met with Ouko, including a conveniently undated photograph of Bush and Ouko greeting at his residential doorstep. Check this out , the SECRET, and OFF-the-books meeting starts off with a photo op between the two, and especially if Ouko had noticed the photo op individual taking the shots, and failed to forbid them from taking the pics, that would be what we call "extreme stupidity"or “infinite narcissism”…First assumption for him MUST be it will leak, and the rest you can fill in the blanks. Next, so the photo was archived somewhere by government officials, and about an year after Ouko’s death, it was given to US Ambassador to hand to Ouko (only to hear the shocking truth that Ouko was dead!!!), so it was given to Mrs. Ouko , who in turn gave it to their lawyer for safekeeping. This “clueles” card is a very serious reason to question the veracity of that tale. Ouko died a week after the trip, and it was international News, and the “Bush Meeting” fever was flowing far and near as a strong motive. US diplomatic missions are a key branch of US Espionage; it’s practically impossible US top diplomatic and key officials were in the dark. Washington’s stance was to explicitly DENY any meeting had taken place. If their intention was to let the meeting story to slide under undetected, how do they proceed to deliver the evidence in form of the Ouko-Bush photo (are we implicitly accusing Bush of setting up his good friend Ouko??), and that was given to none other than the victim’s own family; Mrs. Ouko. Of course even now the photo has not been forensically authenticated to eliminate forgery as a factor , and the very LACK of a time stamp is in and by of itself a potential knockout for that as proof of anything that happened DURING the trip. Back to the JM case again. Did Jomo Kenyatta know about JM murder plot in advance? evidence is that its most likely the case he didn’t know in advance, and Kenyatta himself used to downplay JM’s boisterous bashing of Kenyatta, but his inner circle did it to protect their "Post-Kenyatta ambitions coz they knew his end was near; he started fainting, getting incoherent midway through meetings etc, and you would notice he went a lot to Mombasa, probably to minimize strain on him.Besides that, I believe Kenyatta himself knew that his end was near, so JM likely would be irrelevant to him anyway, unless we are to hyper extend our imagination and assume it was a measure to protect the ill-gotten wealth the Kenyatta’s had come into, which was legal de jure; whilst being contrary to the de facto opinion, meaning it was legal by the books but a scam against wananchi settlements, and thereafter, many of them slipped into destitution, including former Mau Mau who fought hard, and had worked in cohort to secure Kenyatta’s own release from exile(I think Jaramogi cited it a s a precondition before “talks” between the belligerents), but Mau Mau too played no small role , all this to secure Kenyatta’s release, but he gently erased them from his proximity since they would now be competitive liabilities since he was at the helm; but of course a dictator can’t let that happen (reminds me of Joseph Stalin, one of the greater psychopaths to grace this world; this guy systematically wiped out , quite literally, all competition, or potential avenues for discord, which scholars were notorious for, and many went down they I think ended up with a “expertise vacuum” after wiping the best out. He used a very nested approach by wiping out many, and, then taking the executors to the purges wiped out themselves, so no real threat could confront him), therefore Kenyatta had his top security and other very close entities removed from the report. I wonder what Troon would have to say about that. Another cardinal blunder by Detective Troon was FAILURE to pursue the family row, by far the most volatile and biggest threat to Ouko (you know its deadly and serious when someone threatens to cut to pieces their own mum, as Collins, who was a brother, did!!!) , much more so than the top fish. So at the end of the day there might after all have been an Ouko-Biwott Feud and implicit executive order, or NOT. It is impossible for me to disregard that possibility, only that the probability is rather microscopic. New arguments should be given to support that notion, granted prior arguments had been nullified. The latest emerging information appeared to suggest that Ouko’s murder plot was began way before the trip, through reshuffling of top government posts in Ouko’s area to rid it of the “loyal ones”…but this is the same story that then proceeds to suggest Ouko was banished and security pulled from him; a pure lie. Ouko was given time off(that is the “cover story” to wananchi as evidence Ouko was being set up), even though Ouko himself gave the driver and bodyguards off, to rendezvous with him 13th, the day he died. It is also very likely whatever issues that might have existed between Ouko and Biwott/Moi, they would have started, almost almost by perforce, after the 1988 elections, simply because Ouko would not have been landed the Foreign Affairs slot. Moi, we all know, may have been a different entity, depending on who was speaking, but there is right about consensus, that Moi was a very skilled politician in a Real Politik sense. He wouldn’t, if Ouko to him was so potent a threat, make him Minister of Foreign Affairs; one of, if not the most prestigious ministries, but he did. As you can see, the tale appears to be revised to match new evidence, or refute prior accounts; pretty much “doctored” ex post facto. If indeed Ouko had a nasty fall out with Biwott, would he have gone to the comfort of his house in Koru, while pushing aside his security, at a time when, more than any other he desperately need them. His activities on the night he disappeared , such as tending to the chicken, appeared to be consistent with longevity, with exception of him changing into a kitenge late at night, when people typically go sleep, and carrying around his revolver, assuming it was not habitual. It appeared as though he expected someone. It would be strange for me to carry my gun moving about my own compound. I suspect he would have been quite apprehensive about a visit in the middle of the night. In fact if those were the circumstances, it would have been wise to in fact not be at home for the visit knowing all but certainly something untoward was on the verge of confounding him.
I will put a variant of this in a different conversation later in the day.

stop @ me.
I unfollwed this thread.
Ok.
Bye.