Jubilee Gov Pledge fulfilled: Phase 1 of Rironi-Uhuru Highway-JKIA Mega Highway Project starts

:D:D:D:D
Hata mimi hii nilikuwa nimeiona for a while

I still don’t see the reason for having those modern stadiums. what for when we cannot support our national rugby to win the hearts of Kenyans? leave football alone. i’m for development but for the stadiums ziii.

Actually the bigger problem is having Chinese firms doing construction of roads and infrastructure which Kenyan firms SHOULD be doing (unless it is not really profitable)

It is great progress though, we need these infrastructure to spur growth.

Welcome home bro

Cowboy contractors will not get it especially anything world bank or AFDB. The tendering of roads conditions are now very strict that even EU companies come second or third after evaluation. Anyway joint ventures are coming up.

Do you know why?
Because all engineers are working somewhere 9-5 instead of starting something.
All innovation ends in college and university instead of being upped a notch.
Many young Kenyans lack motivation, dreams and the need to own something beyond a paycheck.
And all that is due to ‘soma upate kazi mzuri’

Kenya is a sporting nation and if we are to maintain that then we need the right infrastructure. Theft of players money is by officials and they need to sort that out by getting the right people running the unions. The Ngong Road Rugby stadium will be home of Safari Sevens and once opened we can bid to host one leg of the seven series.

Actually have you been to Wu Yi of late, a lot of Kenyan engineers and technical teams have joined. Its almost becoming localized.

Mugoya, mehta, singh na kirinyaga walipitwa na wakati.

hiyo Jina even though I was young naikumbuka, it was synonymous with sleaze and corruption; hao watu walikula kweli

Epharim Maina lost the general elections despite splitting from Mt. Kenya mafia UDF to join TNA and winning the party nomination.

and didn’t those MOFOs do this country a disservice? now one of them wants to be our governor…

Ksh 16 billion hatuwezi kulipa cash? Yaani lazima tukope hata ishirini ya chai? :D:D:D

hapo I don’t agree with you, if you look at the quality, workmanship even experience, then there is no Kenyan firm that can handle the projects given to the Chinese. You just need to use roads done by the likes of kirinyaga, mugoya, ss mehta etc to understand.

H-Young ni ya Biwott and they still get contracts

Actually Kibaki should have ingiad in 1992 upto '01 then Uhunye '01 upto '11. Remember every government from Uhuru will want to have a legacy courtesy of what Kibaki
laid down…so to an exten the old man has influenced the current government’s agenda

Hence the push to change the current system to a more technical kinda of curiculum

This fake patriotism huniudhi sana. Name one Kenyan company that has done a good road!!! Let them be engaged by the chinese companies kama interns they learn…F*** them! Kirinyaga na Mugoya what have they accomplished? Apart from one company ISSACO that re-built most of the roads in Nyeri na si ya wakenya halisi I think they are Israeilis which other?

Kenyan firms lack the capacity and discipline required for big projects, unfortunately.

Which is why I said ‘SHOULD’. I am not saying we give these cowboy contractors (Kirinyaga, Mehta, Mugoya et al) these projects instead of the chinese, I love what the chinese guys have done and what I would like is to have Kenyan contractors who can achieve similar thresholds in terms of quality, some of these projects are not too complex for our engineers.

I think the problem is largely mental, we have the expertise, now we need to nurture that risk-taking appetite which is necessary for capital intensive ventures.